Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever have either of these go out? For three years my little green recirculate light has been out... found a replacement for it at radio shack.

Item# 272-1092C

Hope someone finds this useful... Made me quite happy.

Junbug

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had to replace my stereo because it died a couple days ago. Tried last time I installed my stereo to fix it, but couldn't figure out how to pop the button out. Was fiddling with a pocket knife between the top of the button and the bracket.. was about to give up when the thing popped right out. It pulls out (towards the back of the car). There's a small (really small, careful not to lose it) black light socket holder. Get a small screw driver and twist it and the thing pops right off (pull it up and it comes right out). Un-twist the bulb lead wires and yank it out. The replacement slides right in (cut off the excess lead wiring) and wrap it around the holder like the original one was installed (this will probably make more sense when you see it. Install new one and *bam* working light.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know about that one. But taking it apart is pretty simple. I'm sure you could get a new switch and replace them very easily.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've replaced the bulbs in my hazard and rear defroster switches. I got the bulbs at Radio Shack. I'm not sure if that was the part number or not. The bulbs were 2 for $.99

·
Driver
736 Posts
eric96ser said:
I've replaced the bulbs in my hazard and rear defroster switches. I got the bulbs at Radio Shack. I'm not sure if that was the part number or not. The bulbs were 2 for $.99
Yeah, what part did you take off? I installed a head unit in mine and after that the hazard has refused to light up, even though it still works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts