Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer has come to Atlanta and I would like to buy those A/C 134-a recharge kits from Walmart and recharge my A/C. in my car r12 has been changed to 134-a before so I am good in that respect, in my GA16DE I saw that the valve to charge is near the PCV valve which is thin line and there is another valve near the passenger place and more burrier and it is connected to a THICKER pipe , which one is low pressure port? can you help me and those others who will be charging their A/C before summer.
Thanks!!

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
The thicker pipe has the LOW port on it... you'll see a big nut next to it, make sure that's tightened good... I found it loose several times. The skinny line next to the valve cover has the HIGH port. Both ports have a plastic cap... one says H the other one says L on it. Use the LOW port to charge with refrigerant. Your system takes about two 12 oz. cans of refrigerant if it's completely empty.

·
Registered
106 Posts
get the kit that comes with the gauge, it will help alot.

also, the the fitting in the kit only works on the low pressure side so dont worry to much. FYI, the low pressure side will more than lickly have some insulating foam wraped around the tube. my ac in origonal since 99 and still dosent need a charge :thumbup: i got the kit just in case though and the gauge will tell you if you have to much or to little or just right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts