Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's my first car. I know it has a lot of potential. I was just wondering about a few things. First, does anyone on here have a problem with a battery drain. I have went through 3 batteries and an alternator check to see what is going on with my car. Basically the battery is dead in about a week. And I was wondering if the short ram or air intake would be better as far as giving me more HP.
 

·
KA24DET
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
C1awHamm3r said:
It's my first car. I know it has a lot of potential. I was just wondering about a few things. First, does anyone on here have a problem with a battery drain. I have went through 3 batteries and an alternator check to see what is going on with my car. Basically the battery is dead in about a week. And I was wondering if the short ram or air intake would be better as far as giving me more HP.
You might have a short. Check the ground connection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,022 Posts
short ram intake might give you like 5 to 8 tops....but it does really good on your high rpm's....i got the Injen....and waiting on the cold air extension. Hopefully the cold air will give me extra 3-5 hp atleast.
 

·
KA24DET
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Loki said:
short ram intake might give you like 5 to 8 tops....but it does really good on your high rpm's....i got the Injen....and waiting on the cold air extension. Hopefully the cold air will give me extra 3-5 hp atleast.
I had the Injen before I went turbo. It was nice. I still use the filter from the Injen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,022 Posts
bridrive55 said:
I had the Injen before I went turbo. It was nice. I still use the filter from the Injen.

i took of the injen filter, since it got really oili....so im using this other one i got at hotshot shop when i got my headers......im planing on going turbo with my Ka but must built the internals ( 201k ) you should guide me a bit if you have time ofcourse. Pm me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
As for the intake. I personally run the injen short ram, and I couldn't love it more... As for turboing the KA, or swapping the SR, there are sooooooooooooo many threads about that subject on this site, just search around and you'll get the info you need on that subject...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be doing all the work myself. And my Grandpa will be helping me since he has 40+ years as a mechanic. I know on the sr20det it is better and cheaper to get the front clip. But does that mean I would have to use that clip. Personally I love the way the 240sx looks. I don't need the slivia clip but i will get all the parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
You understand the clip is just a front end thats cut off a Silvia? You cant use the clip itself unless you somehow welded to together. And thats not to safe.

The front clip just allows you to have ALL the parts for the engine so you dont have to pay extra for parts missing. Plus it allows you if wanted to put the silvia front end on your car.

Also tips

Your Wairing Harness will have to be modded (lengthend and shortend)
If your going to turn the boost up 13 or 14 is max and a fual pump replacment will be needed.
 

·
KA24DET
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Yeah, I recommend the Walbro 255lph fuel pumps. Knock off 255lph pumps are okay too. As for KA turbo, well, I picked up my KAD for $305. I pieced together the turbo and accessories for about $1000. I run 7psi for now, but with injectors and management I'm aiming at 1 bar of boost. As for PMing you about KA build, shoot me a PM and ask what you want. I use stock internals for now. I recommend OBD-II ECU, so S14 KA's are the man. It might be better to buy a new engine that doesn't immediately need a rebuild than to rebuild yours. Rebuilds aren't cheap at all... I have a top mount T3/T4 setup, so it's not your run-of-the-mill bottom mount T25 or T28 with internal wastegate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,022 Posts
C1awHamm3r said:
I'll be doing all the work myself. And my Grandpa will be helping me since he has 40+ years as a mechanic. I know on the sr20det it is better and cheaper to get the front clip. But does that mean I would have to use that clip. Personally I love the way the 240sx looks. I don't need the slivia clip but i will get all the parts.

you should do your homework a bit more bro.....read, its very healthy for your brain. :cheers: also beer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I don't plan on doing it for quite some time. I mean the KA in there now only has 93600 on it. So I'm not in any hurry.
 

·
KA24DET
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Don't lose the KA until she kicks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well last night I think I figured out what is actually wrong the negative (ground) battery cable is not connecting with the battery. I'll clean the cable ends today and see if i have anymore problems. I doubt I will.
 

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
Joined
·
504 Posts
its pointless to have an alarm on a S13 since the windows pull back enough to get in
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top