Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
What do you mean by "fully rebuilt"? To factory original specifications? With aftermarket parts (Carillo rods, forged pistons, extrude honed head, cams, header, big exhaust...)?

The same nozzle size can produce different levels of power depending on how your engine is built. Are you planning on a dry kit, so you only need a nitrous nozzle size? Or are you planning a wet kit, in which case you need to specify a nitrous and a fuel nozzle size.

Lew

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i get new pistons at .20 over. new rods, main and rod bearings, bored and honed block, micropolished and balanced crank. also the head deck was shaved off a bit. i had a wet 50 shot of nx in my ga. but really don't know what to run on this new motor after i break it in.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The stock bottom end of the SR20 is reliably good to 350WHP. As long as your nitrous setup doesn't go lean, or the spark advance too much, it should be OK.

If I were you, I would tune on a dyno with a wideband oxygen sensor and exhaust gas temperature sensor. Then you can start increasing jet sizes until you reach your horsepower goal or the sensors indicate that you reached the limit.

Lew

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im doing that at hasport in phx. its 150 bucks an hour for dyno tuning though. but it should be worth it.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
I think a progressive shot would work wonders
first stage 50shot
2nd stage 75 shot
3rd stage 100 shot.

·
Registered
546 Posts
What kind of nitrous is it that is continually fed? Like whenever you rev the engine it uses nitrous. I think ZEX makes it..

·