Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, has anyone on the list rebuilt a ga? If so, where can I get the torque specs and do you have them? Im sure they're in the haynes manual, so I'll look today- that book isnt very exact though

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Specs.

If your going to do a rebuild get an FSM. You can usually find them on EBAY and they are worth their weight in gold. Besides the OEM procedures usually differ from the Haynes/CHilton procedures and during a rfebuild I'd rather do it the way Nissan recommends their tech.'s to do it.

I have done a cylinder head swap and I couldn't have done it without the FSM and my Haynes.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
I swear by my FSM. It's a huge book and every obscure detail is in there (so far).

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys, thanks for the info- I can find an fsm on ebay? now for another stupid question- can I just enter fsm in the search on ebay or do I have to go through the pages and pages of nissan stuff to find one?
I do have the haynes manual, but I can believe that there is a manual out there with more info- I wish helms made one for the 1.6- One of my friends has a helms for his prelude- it lists everything to the "T". I will look for the fsm before I start the rebuild. Im trying to build this motor a little before I start though- have you guys ever heard of anyone increasing bore or compression on a ga16de? Has anyone on the site done it before that you guys know of? Thanks again......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts