Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Frontier sv. King cab long bed...when I open the rear windows, the low frequency is oppressive and unbearable. When I open the front windows, it isn't nearly as bad, it's bearable but still wish something could be done about it. I talked to at least one owner who has the same problem...so I think about it, the wind rushing in through the rear windows has no place to go, it gets caught by the rear window. Anyonw who knows about speakers and frequency would know that a large window like this has the capability of resonating at a very low frequency...when the wind hits the window, it resonates and produces this sound. What I need to know is, how do I fix it?!

·
Registered
348 Posts
2011 Frontier sv. King cab long bed...when I open the rear windows, the low frequency is oppressive and unbearable. When I open the front windows, it isn't nearly as bad, it's bearable but still wish something could be done about it. I talked to at least one owner who has the same problem...so I think about it, the wind rushing in through the rear windows has no place to go, it gets caught by the rear window. Anyonw who knows about speakers and frequency would know that a large window like this has the capability of resonating at a very low frequency...when the wind hits the window, it resonates and produces this sound. What I need to know is, how do I fix it?!
Chuck,

Frontier King Cab's don't come in a Short Bed Version. Only Crew Cab's come in short or long bed's.

When You open up the Rear Window's(Plural) on a KC? Huh. Show us a picture of the KC Rear Window's Open. My '13 only has One Slideing Rear Window. Maybe your's has Flip Out Side Rear Window's that you are talking about, that they discontinued on later models.

If you are talking about the One Rear Slideing Window, I haven't found much use for it, other than if the AC isn't working and need more air circulation, or maybe reaching in from the Bed into the Cooler for another Beverage. Has your AC stopped working?

From your description it really sound's like a Terrible Condition with the Sound Cranked up and the Wind Noise mixing in with your favorite music. That has got to be a Real Awful Scenerio. I for one, just wouldn't put up with that.

Only Possible Thing that I can think of is to Call Nissan Consumer Affair's and let them know that this is an Incredible Terrible Situation, or just close the Rear Window's(Plural) which they will probably offer as the only solution that they can think of.

Sure hope you get this Resolved. If not,, maybe you can Complain enough that Nissan will issue a Recall on all of the 2011 KC's to have the Rear Window's Cemented Shut so that they can't be opened.

Best of Luck,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah sorry crew cab, and either rear door window being open produces this sound...talk to other crew cab owners, anyone else out there having this some issue? Not an issue of being a baby about it...take a ride in one and see.

·
Registered
348 Posts
yeah sorry crew cab, and either rear door window being open produces this sound...talk to other crew cab owners, anyone else out there having this some issue? Not an issue of being a baby about it...take a ride in one and see.
Hey Chuck,

Ok we've got the correct model now.

Over my life,, I had the privelege of rideing in lot's of vehicle's without Air Condition,, and therefore we had all the window's down. In my experience with the window's down,, there was alway's a fair amount of Wind Noise,, some more maybe than other's. I alway's thought that it was normal.

Go over to ClubFrontier.org, they have a fair amount of member's that complain about Wind Noise of one sort or another. I read several Forum's in regard's to the Nissan Frontier,, but I don't recall one that complained about Window's down Wind Noise. Over on the Afore mentioned forum,, they have a lot of Nit Picker's that complain about all sort's of thing's and they'll probably have a Solution of one sort or another.

If the Air has no way out like you suspect then a Rear Window Slider Port Might be a solution: Here is a link to one that is supposed to Fit a CC.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-2005-2018-Nissan-Frontier-Sliding-Back-Window-Glass-Slider-OEM-W-Sealant/171511770580?fits=Model:Frontier|Make:Nissan&hash=item27eee5edd4:g:uREAAOSwF1dUSBHx

I have a Rear Slider Access Port in the Rear Glass of my KC. I've never used it,, but maybe that is what it's for, or for extra air ventilation, IDK, but I've never had a need to use it yet.

Since I got my First Air Condition Vehicle back in 1988, I've never had a need to keep the window's open at highway speed's. Curious what is the need to have your window's open?

Good Luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's not even wind noise, or is it? I like the windows down! The low frequency hurts your ears...or mine, since I'm in it! I thought alot about a rear slider though...I wish I could have some guarantee it would stop the issue. What I ought to do is test drive one that has the window! Thanks for the help. I just bought the thing with 23000 miles on it, and will spend the money if I have to. I like the windows open.

·
Registered
348 Posts
it's not even wind noise, or is it? I like the windows down! The low frequency hurts your ears...or mine, since I'm in it! I thought alot about a rear slider though...I wish I could have some guarantee it would stop the issue. What I ought to do is test drive one that has the window! Thanks for the help. I just bought the thing with 23000 miles on it, and will spend the money if I have to. I like the windows open.
Chuck,

Low mile's that's good, and hopefully you got one that wasn't abused. I think that you got a good year with the 4L V6. I've seen many post's with over over 300K Mile's. 2wd or 4wd? AT or MT?

It's a good idea to change out the Rear Axle Oil if it hasn't allready been changed. The correct type and viscosity is in the Owner's Manaul. Lot's of Metal Debris will accumulate fast from manufacture, but slow's down after the 1st change. I changed mine out 1st time early and glad that I did. Also a good time to take the Axle Vent out, clean with diesel fuel and blow out with compressed air.

Regards,

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,440 Posts
A lot of vehicles due that, not just Nissan trucks. It happens a lot on 4-door sedans, as well. Having a rear window with a sliding window to open may help. Door vent visors also help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts