Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So I am looking into upgrading the rear suspension of my pathy and I have a few questions. I want a mild lift 1-2 inches, mostly for looks purposes and also have a comfortable ride on the highway. I seldom off road so that really inst a concern.
I do not know however what brand of spring or shock to buy. I have been looking at all sorts of shocks, but don't know what would fit my needs.
1. Old Man Emu
2. Edelbrock IAS
3. Rancho 5000's
4. Rancho 9000's
Or any other brand. Money isn't really the biggest concern I just want a firm yet comfortable ride on the highway and a more handlng if at all possible. A warranty and adjustability would be nice too.

As far as the springs go, the only ones I have found were OME and the ones offered at Automotive Customizers. I have no idea about either products.

I really need some input on this matter, so thanks in advance for the help fellas.

·
3,553 Posts
You can get OME springs, Calmini springs, AC springs, Rancho springs, custom springs or you can use a set of Jeep Grand Cherokee front springs with light modification...the shocks totally depend on your wants for ride stiffness and/or adjustability. Do you need adjustable shocks or not?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
88pathoffroad said:
You can get OME springs, Calmini springs, AC springs, Rancho springs, custom springs or you can use a set of Jeep Grand Cherokee front springs with light modification...the shocks totally depend on your wants for ride stiffness and/or adjustability. Do you need adjustable shocks or not?
I honestly don't know if I need adjustable shocks or not. I have never had them. But the idea sounds very conveinient. Instead of just bolting them in and thats it, no adjustment. Do you know what I mean?
As far as the springs go. I am not looking for something super stiff. Just comfortable on the road. With a bit of lift too.
On road performance and comfort is most important to me right now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Theres not much that can be said besides what 88 already said man. You might just have to do some good o'l experimenting, or do some web searches with your type of vehicle, and the brands of springs you are looking for.

·
Registered
41 Posts
88pathoffroad said:

Any links or info on the Grand Cherokee Sprin upgrade and whether its an option on a Hardbody? My buds replacing the Springs in his Cherokee this weekend. :thumbup:

·
3,553 Posts
HB pickups have leaf springs in the rear. Pathfinders have coil springs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
zimmer_kole said:
Theres not much that can be said besides what 88 already said man. You might just have to do some good o'l experimenting, or do some web searches with your type of vehicle, and the brands of springs you are looking for.
88 really did give me much, and who wants to experiment with $75 shocks. Sounds like a huge waste of time and money.
I am just looking for opinions and experiences with different shock and spring combos.

·
3,553 Posts
Quit bumping the topic. Shocks are shocks. Off-road shocks are stiffer than OEM replacements, OEM replacements are generally cheaper, and adjustable shocks are for if you would like the shocks to be adjustable or not. Buy whatever's in your price range and makes you happy. Go research it on a few manufacturer's websites if you're not finding what you want here. Get over it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
88pathoffroad said:
Quit bumping the topic. Shocks are shocks. Off-road shocks are stiffer than OEM replacements, OEM replacements are generally cheaper, and adjustable shocks are for if you would like the shocks to be adjustable or not. Buy whatever's in your price range and makes you happy. Go research it on a few manufacturer's websites if you're not finding what you want here. Get over it.

Ill probably get banned or something, but damn dude. Seriously, he bumped a thread after a mere 8 days. Christ there's guys that bump threads on boards I moderate after 8 minutes. Maybe Im simply coming from boards with more info and all, but it seems often all you get is one person's opinion on this site. And you're getting upset at him for asking for more then YOUR personal opinion. Get over it. Your opinion isn't the only one. And if he wants more then that, I would think he'd be allowed to ask for it.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Rylinkus said:
Ill probably get banned or something, but damn dude. Seriously, he bumped a thread after a mere 8 days. Christ there's guys that bump threads on boards I moderate after 8 minutes. Maybe Im simply coming from boards with more info and all, but it seems often all you get is one person's opinion on this site. And you're getting upset at him for asking for more then YOUR personal opinion. Get over it. Your opinion isn't the only one. And if he wants more then that, I would think he'd be allowed to ask for it.
88's answers were pretty good, the question was vauge so its hard to give good answers.

·
3,553 Posts
I'm not being upset with anyone, I just get tired of the same silly question coming up over and over again for no reason. *shrug*

·
Registered
25 Posts
Chill man

88pathoffroad said:
I'm not being upset with anyone, I just get tired of the same silly question coming up over and over again for no reason. *shrug*

Not everyone reads every post...IT IS A MESSAGE board...geez man, you have reamed me several times on here...Dont reply to the message if your tired....Problem Solved..Bumpy Bump Bump

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
jdipietro said:
Not everyone reads every post...IT IS A MESSAGE board...geez man, you have reamed me several times on here...Dont reply to the message if your tired....Problem Solved..Bumpy Bump Bump
The seach button should be used before posting questions. Then more specific question can be asked, ones that more experianced guys won't mind answering.

·
Registered
25 Posts
morepower2 said:
The seach button should be used before posting questions. Then more specific question can be asked, ones that more experianced guys won't mind answering.

Oh so we have specifics now that you "experts" answer...If it is something above your intelligence level then we are ignorant for asking... I search all the time and find the same smarta$$ answers on old posts as well as new...

How about this, make this a Database to search and put an email address for any questions over and above...then just dont reply if it's a stupid question...

Or better yet, if your gonna have a message board...let people use it :cheers: you guys kill me

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
jdipietro said:
Oh so we have specifics now that you "experts" answer...If it is something above your intelligence level then we are ignorant for asking... I search all the time and find the same smarta$$ answers on old posts as well as new...

How about this, make this a Database to search and put an email address for any questions over and above...then just dont reply if it's a stupid question...

Or better yet, if your gonna have a message board...let people use it :cheers: you guys kill me
It has nothing to do with something being below us to answer. How would you like to answer the same questions over and over all the time. It gets old after awhile. Its always better to do a search, its good mannors to search before asking on any forum. On many forums you get flamed for asking noob questions, try it on some forum for a non-related subject.

Search engines do look for the questions you are asking, they seach the forum database, you don't need to develop another. I do it all the time on other web sights, then i have a better idea of what to ask specificaly, it gives me a better chance of getting a good answer. In fact by serching, I usualy don't even need to post.

Just keep the fields fairly open at first, then drill down to find more details. Its really easy. The better you get from searching, the better you can use forums (not just this one) to find out what you want.

·
3,553 Posts
Ditto. Take the stick out, jdipietro.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kinda off topic (he coughs), but
is anyone running the OME kit (4 shocks, rear springs and steer. stab.)?
Sounds reasonable for 500 but I would like some real world opionions/
thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts