Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks a bit too late, but the bolt on mine (1998) broke. I was able to jack up the engine and tranny enough to get the bolt through the mount and drive it to a shop after realizing I still had some noise coming from the engine. Ended up that the mount was broken, the tranny mount was bent and the front mount was broken. $600 later, my car was ready to go.

·
Registered
485 Posts
So you gonna post the method you used? No one had one available so would be a good time to do a write up man. If you do thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry...I don't have a write up. I took it in to get replaced. I imagine one would have to have an engine support/lift to take the pressure off the bolts holding the engine to the mounts. After that's set up unscrew the bolt from the mount, set aside the damper (if it's a manual, it's the old school window handle looking thing). Remove other bolts from the other mounts if you need to replace them or need to raise the engine then replace the mounts that need to be replaced. Then install and put the engine back to where it needs to be and put the bolts back in. Here is what I did to merely replace the broken bolt.

-- Pulled the bolt and damper that were hanging down (if I didn't see that I wouldn't have known what was wrong)
-- Use the spare tire jack to jack up the tranny (only decent surface) to take tension off the bolt and broken mount
-- grinded off the nut that's attached to the bracket that goes on both sides of the mount, as the end of the bolt was still in there.
-- put in a new bolt with nut along with the damper, lower jack and remove from under car.
-- After that I took it in because it was still making noises and I didn't know what it was, but it ended up being the front and tranny mount, from the pressure put on them from the rear mount being broken.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thanks man. I also meant the author of the post. He just finished doing it so figured he would be able to put on paper what he did. Save the guys down the road from having to try to just go at it blind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts