Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, I replaced the window motor switch and the regulator and to no avail. Can anyone point out the problem I am currently having. I cannot locate the power window fuses as this is the only option I want to explore. Already tried disconnecting the battery and try to roll the window up with both switches (driver switch and rear switch) still nothing. Please help!!!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
There's no separate fuse for each window, if it's only the left rear then the problem isn't a fuse. Most likely you have a bad Master Switch. The rear windows on your ride ground through a "normally closed" throw on a relay inside the Master. You can use a test light to check. These colors are taken from an '04, I think everything '02~'06 is the same. You should have ignition power on the WHT/BLU wire at the left rear switch, if not there's a broken wire (probably in the flex boot connecting the door to the car). The RED/YEL and YEL/BLK wires should both have ground when the Master isn't pressed, test that by connecting the lamp across WHT/BLU to RED/YEL and WHT/BLU to YEL/BLK. Both should light the lamp. If not, either the relay inside the Master is shot or there's a broken wire.

·
Registered
836 Posts
PS - If your wire colors don't match, let me know the year of your Altie and whether you have Auto on both front windows or just the driver's, then I can pull the exact diagram.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PS - If your wire colors don't match, let me know the year of your Altie and whether you have Auto on both front windows or just the driver's, then I can pull the exact diagram.
Thanks for the response. So I had a buddy of mine tests the wire with a tester and he managed to roll up the window. Confirming it could be window switch or relay. I’ll keep posting updates

1 - 4 of 4 Posts