Nissan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rogue SL
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having water leaking into lift gate after a regular rain shower? I have! After removing the inner panels from the inner side of lift gate I noticed that the rubber grommet that surrounds the wiper motor arm was not sealing and easily rotated! I was able to duplicate the leak by closing the lift/trunk gate, and taking cup of water, slowly running over the stem shaft coming through the glass. Sure enough, that was it! It was an easy fix. I slightly exposed the outer edge of the grommet, and sealed with a glass silicone glue all the around the seal and glass. After it dried, I easily cleaned away any excess! We have a lot of afternoon rain storms here in SW Florida lately, and the fix I performed did the trick!
PS If you have this leak, just do the fix on the outside of glass, don't bother to pull inner panels. You may want to pull panels if A LOT of water has gotten in only to dry it out!

·
Registered
2021 Rogue SL
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We do not get much rain here nor do I open my hatch often. Where did the water show itself that let you know you had a leak?
Sorry I took so long to reply. When I opened the tail up and leaned in to get my items, I felt water dripping onto my head. I looked up and noticed where the inner panels met, was beads of water.

·
Registered
2021 Rogue SL
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm also a little puzzled by that. There are drain slots in the base of the hatch (and all the other doors) that should be letting any incoming water out the bottom. Are they clogged, maybe?
You are correct, but, the seal around the wiper motor shaft was not sealing thus allowing water to leak into the vehicle. I noticed that water was around the locking hook too. I also have a 2021 Rogue Sport SL and I checked the rubber grommet on that car and it was totally sealed correctly. NO water should be allowed to leak into the interior of the car. I also cured the leak that happens at the upper A pillars on the 2021 Rogue models. This I experienced while in the car was. There is a felt gasket that sits between the front roof rail clip and the hole it goes into. I partially removed the front roof rail to expose the hole for the clip to seat in and sealed it with a auto approved sealant. NO MORE LEAKS.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
NO water should be allowed to leak into the interior of the car. I also cured the leak that happens at the upper A pillars on the 2021 Rogue models. This I experienced while in the car was. There is a felt gasket that sits between the front roof rail clip and the hole it goes into. I partially removed the front roof rail to expose the hole for the clip to seat in and sealed it with a auto approved sealant. NO MORE LEAKS.
There's a bulletin on that problem, the dealer would have warrantied that for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Rogue SL
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, that is exactly what I did before the bulletin came out. I discovered this leak last December and even contacted the service department I use, and they had never heard of the issue. Any way, thank you very much for the bulletin. Also, how can I obtain bulletins for my vehicle?

·
Registered
2021 Rogue SL
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Until NHTSA puts them out publicly, you really can't. I work for a Nissan dealership, but if it wasn't already published I wouldn't be free to give you a copy. In this instance, it's already out there so it's fair game:
I really appreciate you giving me that information.
If you don't mind, can you tell me which dealership you work at, and the department. If not, I understand.
Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Rogue SL
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Little Rock, AR. I'm a Master Tech. PM me if you want more than that.
Want to know why my Rogue did not come with a engine cover? I have seen them on earlier productions! My car was a 2nd run production. Also do you have any opinions on Throttle enhancement devices? If you don't want to be bothered, I understand!
Thank You

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Want to know why my Rogue did not come with a engine cover? I have seen them on earlier productions! My car was a 2nd run production.
Dunno about the engine cover. Could just be a decision that it doesn't need one, or it could be an engineering matter like the O2 sensors on '16~'18 Altimas where they discovered the engine splash pan was impeding airflow to the wrong place. They don't tell us stuff like that unless it's worth issuing a bulletin.

Also do you have any opinions on Throttle enhancement devices?
Depends what you want from a throttle enhancer. The ones that target economy won't do anything for you that your Eco button won't already do. On the other hand, the ones that target performance can be fun. One of my compatriots at work has Pedal Commander on his hotrod Mini and he loves it.

·
Registered
2021 Rogue SL
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dunno about the engine cover. Could just be a decision that it doesn't need one, or it could be an engineering matter like the O2 sensors on '16~'18 Altimas where they discovered the engine splash pan was impeding airflow to the wrong place. They don't tell us stuff like that unless it's worth issuing a bulletin.

Depends what you want from a throttle enhancer. The ones that target economy won't do anything for you that your Eco button won't already do. On the other hand, the ones that target performance can be fun. One of my compatriots at work has Pedal Commander on his hotrod Mini and he loves it.
Appreciate your feed back. I've heard good things about the Pedal Commander, I may have to look into it! So far the car has been great and a joy to drive. I had a 06 Murano up until I purchased the 21 Rogue SL. Thanks again for your time and hope to chat more in the future. If you here of any interesting facts, TSB's, etc., on my car let me know. Take care

1 - 14 of 14 Posts