Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a 3"drop in the rear with blocks, do i need to turn the axle, or will the driveshaft still connect alright? Its a 96 hardbody

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i took mine to a local shop.. it was 180 to drop it 3 in back(w/blocks)... I dont know if its the same w/ ur truck tho..

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you paid 180 dollars to get your truck dropped 3 inches with 30 dolar blocks, you got ripped off, i hope they used vaseling. bloacks should run you more than 40 dollars anywhere and that includes new u bolts and nuts. it takes about 30 minutes to install them yourself in your driveway. if you have any general knowlegde on how to turn a wrench you can do this easily. if you have any questtions on how to do this ask, no you dont have to turn your axle, get the 3 or 4 inch blocks with the pinion angle built in to theem and you will be fine. they are available through aim, and no they dont break, have had em on three differnt trucks i have owned and never broke one till i broke a leaf spring hanger in accident. holler at me with any questions

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you got the wrenches and jack stands you can do it yourself for a lot less than $180...it took me less than half a day to do my truck...it is not reall hard just make sure you have all the right equipment and you will be fine....

Jack (the tire jack is what i used at the time)
Jack stands to the hold the truck up so you can jack the rear-end up-n-down.
Wrenches to loosen the nuts on the shocks and the axle shackles...
Sweat and muscles...
and oh the correct blocks for the truck so that the rear end sets at the proper angle...

And that is what took for me to lower my truck 2"....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts