Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Bought a 2014 Nissan Sentra 2 years ago and had a faint creak sound over the right driver rear when I went over bumps but then it worsened to where it was louder and sometimes clunking/clicking when I turned a little left while at low speeds. Goes away at high speeds. Worse over bumps. Seems to be influenced when I use parking brake.

Mechanic replaced shock and 2 weeks later, it came back. Still same characteristics of the sound. There is a little oil coming down from the rear shock.

Anyone know what this is?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Sounds like the shocks were the right call but he sold you crappy ones. That cheep-cheep noise over bumps from the shocks is very common in Altimas and Maxes too, not just Sentras.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just curious, what is the clicking noise I get when I am driving slow and a little too the left. I wouldn't expect a rear shock to make this noise.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey all,

Bought a 2014 Nissan Sentra 2 years ago and had a faint creak sound over the right driver rear when I went over bumps but then it worsened to where it was louder and sometimes clunking/clicking when I turned a little left while at low speeds. Goes away at high speeds. Worse over bumps. Seems to be influenced when I use parking brake.

Mechanic replaced shock and 2 weeks later, it came back. Still same characteristics of the sound. There is a little oil coming down from the rear shock.

Anyone know what this is?

Thanks
That noise is coming from the shock absorber. It is common on all Nissa salons and SUVs. Try and get the original shock form a Nissan dealer.
Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts