Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i no that you can get the dist brake assembly off the first gen se .... but can you use the same parts that you need from the se(1st gen) from any of the second gen altimas?

·
Registered
125 Posts
not sure, best thing would be to just to go to a junk yard, and find an SE with the disks in the back(first gen) and just get the whole rear axle. might run you about 200 or maybe a little more, probably the best way to do it, and jsut change the master brake cylinder, and brake lines.

·
Registered
30 Posts
People sell them all the time on Nissanclub.com
Or you can check near by salvage yards online.

car-part.com

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a 99 sentra gxe and i had drums and i found a mechanic that converted my drums to the disk he got it from an 02' sentra he did a really good job..... this mechanic use to live in argentina in south america for those who dont know...lol...... but yeah he use to prepare cars over there he worked on classics like the datsun and some bmw. he is one bad ass mechanic he converted my brakes and did a really good job. in other word thir is a car out their that is exactly like yours and can fit you just have too know wich one

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah just look, becuase i live in Reno, Nevada(small place) and i found 1, their was like 34 altimas, and out of all of them, their was just one SE first gen. and it was 200 for the rear axle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts