Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am in need of some advice from you guys.... I have a 98 Sentra gxe 1.6 that I recently bought back in March and I am going to be putting some money into the front end soon...but I also want to do the the brakes as well.... I was wondering if anyone here has done a drum to disc conversion on the rear and if so how much is entailed into doing this??.... I was hoping you guys can tell me if this is DIY thing or what.... thanks guys....any info you can hook me up with would be great

Jay

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!

I did a search but could not find anything on a conversion so this does actually help!

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeah it can be done i have it done for my b14 unfortunetly i dont kno a lot about mechanics..... the guy who did it for me use to prepare race cars in argentina he owned an alfa romeo and 280z back in his day best mechanic in FL hands down... he is restoring the engine of my friend and I 77 datsun 280z we got our hands on two of them and in florida thats a rare find very cheap both for under $1500 when i see him im gonna have him make me a list of parts for you and then ill translate cause he only speaks spanish lol hopefully someone hops on this forums and gives you a list before i do

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah it can be done i have it done for my b14 unfortunetly i dont kno a lot about mechanics..... the guy who did it for me use to prepare race cars in argentina he owned an alfa romeo and 280z back in his day best mechanic in FL hands down... he is restoring the engine of my friend and I 77 datsun 280z we got our hands on two of them and in florida thats a rare find very cheap both for under $1500 when i see him im gonna have him make me a list of parts for you and then ill translate cause he only speaks spanish lol hopefully someone hops on this forums and gives you a list before i do

Cool so it can be done!

Hey if you do happen to speak with him and he gets you that list....dont worry about translating cause I am Latino ne-howz....LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
You need to whole rear assembly basically

·
Registered
44 Posts
i did it on my 99 gxe, you have two ways for doing the conversion:

1. Changing the rear beam (from a 2.0 200sx or Sentra)

or

2. Getting the conversion kit from fastbrake. (Set of adapter for installing the calipers)

Also you will need, calipers, e-brake cables and brake hoses.

I don't remember where you can find the adapters but i got mine from ebay, really cheap, there're hard to find. I bought the calipers, vented and slotted rear discs and the adapters for about 100 on ebay (used of course).

It really worth, because it looks and works great. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts