Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 200SX SE 1.6L - I had my car's windows retinted - the back window's tint was bubbly. The company that retinted the windows fucked up and the little plug-like thingie that goes into the window was broken off.

I am wondering how much would it cost to replace the broken/fucked up one.. the level of difficulty on this. They broke the plug-like part that is attached to the window itself.

Of all the things for them to fuck up!

Your help is appreciated.

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
mine broke off when they were tinting it i was watching the guy do it and i herd "oh shit"(not a good sign) then i asked him what the problem was and he showed me but just a little of the end broke off and it still works

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
shouldnt the company be footing this bill???

and you can get a rear defogger repair kit at autozone or the like for about 11 bucks... a soldering gun werks too...

·
Spidey One
164 Posts
Same thing happened to me ( I just don't have any luck with my defogger). First my defogger button up front came out and won't snap back into place...so I 2-way taped it so it doesn't pop out. But if that wasn't enough...the guy who tinted my back window broke both pieces off also. I was planning on soldering it back...but will it work?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think what happens is that they see our little inexpensive cars.. and not really give a fuck. The guy that did it said "it happens all the time" and act stupid. Anyway.. does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thank you

·
Registered
306 Posts
i agree. :thumbup:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nostrodomas said:
^^^^^^^^^^
Hey Nostro.. the ltitle metal piece fell off.. and is gone.. what solution do you have.. ?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BlankgazeX said:
fell off the window or fell of the wire..?
The very tip.. the part that plugs into the plastic part where the wire hangs.. it's the metal part that attaches to the window.. that fucker bent it and broke it

Tips?

I appreciate it

·
Registered
61 Posts
hey question when the place tinted my window they just cut a hole around where the defroster connects to the window so the whole back is dark except for around the point that is on the window, there is a hole cut out just its size should they have done that? was it a short cut? :cool:

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
aimlesspee said:
The very tip.. the part that plugs into the plastic part where the wire hangs.. it's the metal part that attaches to the window.. that fucker bent it and broke it

Tips?

I appreciate it
Another thing you can do is remove the plastic on the plug and solder the inner metal of the plug to the window metal. Or cut the clip off and solder the bare wires onto the window metal.

skeeter149 said:
hey question when the place tinted my window they just cut a hole around where the defroster connects to the window so the whole back is dark except for around the point that is on the window, there is a hole cut out just its size should they have done that? was it a short cut?
So your telling me that they cut around the meatl so much that you see bare window? If so, no they f'ed up. You can mask off the part where you can see bare glass, and spray it with black paint. If its still under warrenty, take it back and have them redo it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
skeeter149 said:
hey question when the place tinted my window they just cut a hole around where the defroster connects to the window so the whole back is dark except for around the point that is on the window, there is a hole cut out just its size should they have done that? was it a short cut? :cool:
When I had the 200 tinted years back they cut the tint around the defroster clip but you can't see bare window. So its do-able. If you can see bare window like Nostrodomas said, make em redo it. It's not that hard to get a good tint on that window.

·
Registered
61 Posts
thank you i will call and make a appointment buncha bastards, couldnt even tint a window right. the sad thing is all the water they let drip down the door panels man, wish i would of touch a pic. where it was turned the black panel like gray. :cool:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Or as my old tinter friend used, water and dish soap. Pending the soap and mix they used (too much) it might just wash off. If you've already tried then it is bleached. Try your favorite dash cleaner and hope for the best. I guess if it was being re-tinted they would have likely used ammonia to strip the old stuff. However, my wife had one of those oil air fresheners that clips to the vents. It spilled oil on the dash in the center and turned whitish. I figured it was damned for sure but after a week or two it just went away on its own. Go figure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts