Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear 02 sensor (relocated behind primary cat because of header install) went bad. I think it got submerged in several huge rain puddles. It caused the SES light to come on. The car seems to also be running rich now as well. Is this normal when you loose the rear 02 sensor? I ordered a 02 sim from perfomance nissan so I dont have to worry about the sensor sitting under the car 6" from the ground. Thanks

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
i doubt the sensor is bad. It prolly just tripped the code because the relocation isn't workign anymore.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
yeah it's gonna run fat because the ECU sees an error code from the O2 sensor. might be an exhaust leak somewhere, too....that usually trips O2 codes.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
there is also a sticky here on how to read and clear the codes via the gas pedal :)

autozone does it for free.

·
Registered
54 Posts
NickZac said:
there is also a sticky here on how to read and clear the codes via the gas pedal :)

autozone does it for free.
gotta love auto zone :thumbup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chimmike said:
i doubt the sensor is bad. It prolly just tripped the code because the relocation isn't workign anymore.
So i was driving today heard two quick kinda of back fires and the ses light went away. The car is now running great. Maybe the 02 sensor self healed?

·