Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tuner/Mechanic
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have one question, i have a ga16 from a 95 200sx se. thats the s14 right? so....what's the difference between that and the ga in my 94 sentra? is there any? are the cams..etc..interchangeable? any info? thanks in advance....mike

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
First off...an S14 is a 240SX/Silvia. What you have is the engine from a B14 200SX. From what I understand, the engines are identical. So I do believe they are interchangable. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. :)

-Sam

·
Tuner/Mechanic
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, i'm also going to go turbo and maybe nos on the 95 ga, any ideas on setups? i've read everything i can on every site i've ever found. can i switch rods/pistons with other motors that have better rods and pistons? the whole motor is apart and every last bolt has been cleaned! that took a while. anyway, pm me sometime if i'm on.

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
CarbonBlack200 said:
B14 motor is 115hp, that's 5 more than classic motor... Different cam profile? Something like that..
115hp? It sure as hell does not feel as if I have 115 HP in my 97 Sentra GXE Auto. Hahhaha...okay.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
stealthb14 said:

115hp? It sure as hell does not feel as if I have 115 HP in my 97 Sentra GXE Auto. Hahhaha...okay.
Hey, I hear you! My B14 feels like I only have 40whp and probablly like 15lbs/ft torque. it's that slow. I should start selling ice cream or something.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
auto kills our little engine
that is why i got a 5 speed

go to sentra.net in search type in 14.3 and u will find an article how a guy ran 100 shot and his car was ok

M

·
0 Posts
I' m not sure but wouldn't an auto be better for using Nos? Because with an auto you can run WOT all the time. With a stick the throttle would close every time you shift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts