Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 altima gxe, with 165,000 and i am only getting 18 miles to the tank and i was wondering at a garage what would be the normal cost to have a basic tune up done, now that including the rotors cap distirbutor and spark plug wires, and fuel filter, i have replaced the spark plugs, about two months ago, i bought reallly good ones, i think bosch. but i do need a new rear 02 sensor, just wondering if that would increase me mpg if i got a new rear 02 sensor and by how much, but overall what would a mechanic charge to have all of this done, without the rear 02 sensor????????? thanks in advance....

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you can change your spark plugs then you can easily do the rest the distributor cap is two screws and the rotor is easy to pull out also the fuel filter is located on the firewall just behind your intake two hoses and its out BE READY FOR GAS LEAKING relieve the pressure from your tank first by pulling the fuel pump fuse out from under the driver side dash and run the car for a minute it will stall out then remove your gas cap you will hear the pressure release then remove the filter replace with new one put gas cap back in and put the pump fuse back in and start the car let it run for a minute then turn it off as for the plug wires they should all be numbered on the wires and the cap if not the order is from firewall to the front bumper is 1342 and the center one is for your coil

·
Registered
42 Posts
I get 28 over the road on my '95 with 206,000 miles on it. A good tune up ( please but NKG plugs!!!) wires, cap, rotor, all filters and run a bottle or two of injector cleaner thru it and I thin you will be surprised of the improvement. Remember, these aren't race cars so easy on the accelorator !!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well today i am going to get gas and fill up, i am on dead E i dont know how the car is runnign i am totally scared to get in my car and try to get to the gas station, hopefully i will make it and since i got the fuel filter and air filter replace it will help alot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts