Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the service manual has a figure with the "replace every disassembly" symbol, but these parts seam to be the hardest things to find. I've been trying to get them for two weeks and, frankly, I'm tired of waiting. These parts are holding up the re-assembly and installation of my engine. I tried the aftermarket stores, and the Nissan dealer has them on back orderwith no idea of availability. Has anyone re-used the fuel injector seals (not the o-rings) in the fuel rail, or the isolator pads under the fuel rail bolts? If so, was there any fuel leakage?

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
1st try Greg at Mossy performance, or Performance Nissan. I have never reused the seals, so im not sure if they would give you a problem or not. It just better to be safe than sorry.

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
desertred said:
I know the service manual has a figure with the "replace every disassembly" symbol, but these parts seam to be the hardest things to find. I've been trying to get them for two weeks and, frankly, I'm tired of waiting. These parts are holding up the re-assembly and installation of my engine. I tried the aftermarket stores, and the Nissan dealer has them on back orderwith no idea of availability. Has anyone re-used the fuel injector seals (not the o-rings) in the fuel rail, or the isolator pads under the fuel rail bolts? If so, was there any fuel leakage?
You should be pretty safe reusing the isolator pads as long as they have some give in them. If they are rock hard you need to replace them.
I wouldn't recommend reusing the O rings though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
desertred said:

Schuck's sells them in a O-Ring kit. In fact I picked up my 4 kits last night because I'm replacing all my injectors today. 1 kit per injector. Cost is about 9.00 per kit.

http://www.partsamerica.com/Product...AR&mfrpartnumber=1580369&parttype=674&ptset=A

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I went ahead and ordered 4 injector kits from NAPA. Might as well replace all the o-rings while I'm at it. I had tried Schucks at first, but there was only one store in a 100 mile radius with the kits, and they only had one. I'm just ready to get this motor back together and, as far as parts are concerned, the story has been 'hurry up and wait'.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm back to square one. The injector seats included in to NAPA kit do not fit the manifold. The seals included in the kit have about 1/8" less diameter, and about 1/16" shorter than OEM. So, before I waste another $40 on an aftermarket kit, can anyone tell me a brand of injector kit, or store that sells a kit with seats known to fit the injector/manifold?

In the absence of a kit, I think I'll just turn the old seats upside down and reuse them. That way, there should be less likely of a chance for the seat to leak around the slight deformation caused by the fuel rail where it butted against the seat in the manifold. I'm very frustrated in having to wait for two+ weeks to finish re-assembling my engine over a couple of $.05 parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts