Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE: stolen radion: Best Alarm

Hey, since I had all my stuff stolen I was thinking of getting an alarm system, whats the best one? I called my local store and he said he would install the Viper alarm for $229(USD) Is that a good price?

·
Registered
501 Posts
9mm the best alarm...

but i think thats an average price...

everyone has an alarm now.. around here ppl dont even pay attention when they go off...

And most ppl who steal audio shit fromc ar could prob dissconnect the alarm anyway..

·
Registered
451 Posts
You can buy a backup battery that hides way under your dash where it will take forever to find. I have a viper alarm it cost like $400. Alot of features I dont use but its cool I ahve a starter kill to where it wont start if the alarm is on even with the keys I tried it to see.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Best Alarm?

To be completely honest with you, the best alarm is a properly installed alarm. You can have the most expensive alarm in the world, but if it is not installed properly, it won't do you any good. Usually with alarms, a higher price doesn't necessarily mean better protection, it usually just includes more "convenience" items (i.e. trunk pop, window control, etc.).

Just remember that nobody will treat your car with as much care as you will. So if you are not going to install the alarm yourself, check different places...and by all means ask the installer that will be performing the installation lots of questions. You want to make sure that the installer takes pride in their work and to treat your car the way you would.

I personally like DEI alarms (Viper, Python, etc.). They are very user friendly and easy to install (in my opinion). I have a Viper800ESP with backup battery, glass breakage sensor, window modules to control front and rear windows, etc, etc, etc. And I have not had a lick of trouble with the alarm at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts