Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know for sure if running RCA and power wire right next to each other to the trunk mess with signal from RCA?

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
generation3 said:
Anyone know for sure if running RCA and power wire right next to each other to the trunk mess with signal from RCA?
Yep it sure will.

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
Actually the chances that you'll have a problem are very low, probably 1/10 at the highest, but there is a chance and it's so easy to run them separate that it's better to just avoid any chance of problems and run them separately from the beginning.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
mine are ran together and I do not have a problem, both down the driver side. However when I rewire everything and get something bigger then 8ga wire, I will run the power wire down the other side.

My old car did have a little whine ran together, however you could only hear it if the head unit was on and the volume was ALL the way down.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Mine whines on the radio only for some reason. But then again I didn't wire my car. It was already done, and I haven't gotten around to doing it again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So should I just have power on drivers side and RCA on passenger side to avoid problems is that enough distance. I have a 1993 Maxima

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
yes, running them down the oppoiste sides of the panels is more then enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts