Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for an rb26dett engine and trans with wiring harness 2wd. having issues finding one under $3500. already contacted engine depot and jdm engine deopt as well. if anybody knows where i can find one please let me know asap. im attempting to do the unthinkable. i wanna put the engine in a 1987 hardbody. it can be done and ive got the shop and tunning power, just not the best of resources for the engine and decently priced aftermarket parts. thanks for any information possible.

-brad

·
Registered
124 Posts
im looking for an rb26dett engine and trans with wiring harness 2wd. having issues finding one under $3500. already contacted engine depot and jdm engine deopt as well. if anybody knows where i can find one please let me know asap. im attempting to do the unthinkable. i wanna put the engine in a 1987 hardbody. it can be done and ive got the shop and tunning power, just not the best of resources for the engine and decently priced aftermarket parts. thanks for any information possible.

-brad
not sure but my friend has a sr20det in a 87 hard body, that bitch is tight as fuck

·
Registered
630 Posts
RB26DETT for 3500 with trans and wiring harness? lol stay away from that engine... lol its prolly fooked...

the RB26 never came with a RWD trany... you can buy an aftermarket RWD tranny for the RB26 but be prepared to pay around 15,000 for it...

alternatively you can get an RB25 tranny and use it instead... however, there is some modification to make it fit and work properly... i believe(i cant remember and im too lazy to look for it) the mods are to the oil pan since the RB26 tranny also covers some of the oil pan area...

the lowest i have ever seen a good engine sell for was 1500, but it didnt include tranny, turbos, wiring harness or anything else... and the only reason it was sold for so cheap was because the guy bought a BRAND new one from nissan to replace his engine which he was told was blown... so he sold it to afriend for cheap and the engine was fine...

your best bet for finding parts is from japan... get yourself a good trust worthy contact and go from there

·
Registered
2 Posts
... you can buy an aftermarket RWD tranny for the RB26 but be prepared to pay around 15,000 for it...
A 300zx transmission bolts right up to the rb and there not that exspensive, as for the oil pan you will have to get a new one.. and the cheapest rb26 that i have seen has been 4500 shipped.. i have a friend that just bought one and he paid 3500 shipped and the motor was junk.. the #6 cylinder was gone and he had to get another one sent to him

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a friend that was ready to drop one in his 240 with an rb20 already installed. I think he wants $4k for the whole setup, rb26, harness, brain, trans for the 240.

[email protected]

·
Registered
630 Posts
... you can buy an aftermarket RWD tranny for the RB26 but be prepared to pay around 15,000 for it...
A 300zx transmission bolts right up to the rb and there not that exspensive, as for the oil pan you will have to get a new one.. and the cheapest rb26 that i have seen has been 4500 shipped.. i have a friend that just bought one and he paid 3500 shipped and the motor was junk.. the #6 cylinder was gone and he had to get another one sent to him
the 300zx does not bolt right up... lol... dont know where you heard that one... the 300zx has a v6 the rb26 is an in-line six totally different transmissions...

the RB25 trans will bolt up but like i said you will have to get a modified oil pan...

there are a few engines forsale on GTRCanada.com but they are ranging in price for 3000-8000 depending on build quality but even then u wont get a tranny included....

and only budgeting for 3500 isnt gonna be anywhere near enouh.... you are gonna need to have around 15000 for a quality swap otherwise it will cost you more later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts