Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i know you can put an rb26 in a 240/silvia, but seeing as how the transmission is 6spd and the drivetrain is awd...how does it work? does the rb25 just bolt right up? im thinkin about doing a silvia chassis with an rb swap, so im tryin to get all the info i can poss come up with. thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
My friend is doing that swap right now on an s13.Hes got the rb26dett gtr motor and tranny,and an rb25 gts tranny.From what I know the rb25 tranny bolts right up,and the "holes" for lack of a better word left over on the engine from the lack of transaxles have to be sealed and covered by custom made plates.Otherwise the actual swap is simple,jus go at it with the cherrypicker till you get everything in place.hes goin with a radiator from a mitsubishi galant,and twin fans to cool that bitch off.The wiring is the hard part,hes got some wiring genius to come and do it for $250,and the dude garuntees his work. Dont know how much progress has been done yet,he jus started on it about 3 or 4 days ago.Ges ill post a thread about it or somethin,Ill let you know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts