Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have knowledge of this motor or own one? how is the aftermarket? how does run stock? lots of torque? is a meticulas engine?
thanks

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks it s the RB25det

so any opionion on the motor over a sr20det?

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you are planning on doing a swap on a 240, the only way to go is SR20. If it was a drag only car, maybe do an RB26. SR cars are way better balanced than an RB powered car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i would agree, the SR20DET would be a better choice in a 240, its made for that car, and the weight to HP ratio in the 240 with that engine is better then that of the RB26 or 25. the front to back weight ratio is MUCH better as well. that would be a tight swap, BUT i think that you would eventually want the Sr because your car will handle better and be a better alround car. IF your planing an all drag car, and nuttin else, go for it with the RB26. thats my take one that.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
balance is great

and i dont want an all out drag car but i do wnat to be able to pull 13's without dropping too much dough because really i wont be drifting or road racing...so i wnat a clean daily that can rip these domestics and hondas...

·
Niss-Nut
160 Posts
The RB25det can work but you would have to use a GTS-T or GTS-M (auto tranny) rear end. They are RWD but if you go this route you may need the HICAS Eliminator from stillen.
The Skyline comes with various engines
RB20DE (base engine), RB25DE (GTS),RB25DET (GTS-T or M ) RB26DETT GTR.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
man its a tough descion

still no 100 percent what to do i would go for the s13 due to the availiablity of everything over the rb25det but with it being 50hp over and ahh forget i will do the s13..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts