Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my rb20det engine, how much hp can i get buy changing the stock turbo and use a t3/4 hybrid turbo. And also what if i use twin turbos to lessen the lag. What are the likley problems i will face if any.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think the twin setup would be overkill, it would be cool although you would run into more problems doing that than you would just upgrading to a nice ball bearing setup. The hp increase, all anyone could do estimate. Alot goes into a HP increase :condition of the motor, boost pressure, and many other factors. I've seen RB with a T3/T4 with about 300hp. Most of the increase you would see is if you upped the boost more. Remember when upping boost make sure your A/F mix is good though. Good luck, sorry couldnt be more help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
srslider said:
I think the twin setup would be overkill, it would be cool although you would run into more problems doing that than you would just upgrading to a nice ball bearing setup. The hp increase, all anyone could do estimate. Alot goes into a HP increase :condition of the motor, boost pressure, and many other factors. I've seen RB with a T3/T4 with about 300hp. Most of the increase you would see is if you upped the boost more. Remember when upping boost make sure your A/F mix is good though. Good luck, sorry couldnt be more help.

Thanx for the advice

so what do u think is the best to use. The t3/t4 setup?

·
Registered
13 Posts
It would be a good setup, and very cost effective. However if you ever wanted more power, such as 450-500 the turbo will prob run out of efficiency (spelling?) before you get to that point.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
srslider said:
It would be a good setup, and very cost effective. However if you ever wanted more power, such as 450-500 the turbo will prob run out of efficiency (spelling?) before you get to that point.

SO I GUESS ITS BETTER TO USE THE TWIN TURBO. SO WHICH TURBO DO U REQUIRE I USE? PLZ LET IT BE AFFORDABLE.
WOULD THE ENGINE REMAIN STOCK FOR SUCH HIGH HP?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts