Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I've go into sears about once a week to see what all is on sale and I've passed by them several times and I finally saw the one I wanted (even though it wasn't on sale which is what I was waiting for)

I had it down to 2 different ones (neither are online anymore but both were about a week ago!?!?!

anyways I had it down to 0947470 (34 piece and the screwdriver head flexed as well and it all came in a small tool box, it was on sale for 20$ when I first saw it but $30 regular and 0941796 the readybit screwdriver which comes with 15 bits and is $25.

I went with the readybit one (mainly because it would fit inside my toolbox and take up a lot less room. All the bits are stored inside the handle, but they are not just dumped in like most, they actully have a little case for them all.

The ratcheting mechanism is great! It doesn't actually click around like a ratchet, so no matter where you stop it, it catches and automatically starts from there.

So unlike the cheaper ratcheting wrenches I got ( http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/sear...s&keyword=0943376&displayTarget=searchresults ) part # 0943376 where unless you get the extra sweep in there you may not get anything at all, it is very very nice. (don't get me wrong the ratcheting wrenches do save time but not as good of quality as the reversible wrenches which still do take 5* of sweep)

the handle is fairly soft and easy to grip as well.

also this leads me to a question thats a bit off topic from here, do the little bits that come with craftsman tools carry the same guarantee as the other hand tools? I know they are cheap and I'm being cheap by asking but it would be nice to know.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
I am sure that is a nic escrewdriver however if you are in the market for something that you will wonder how you lived without check this out...

http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/SPC-SPK4041.html

This is THE best screwdriver I have ever used, I have owned Craftsman, Snap-On, and a ton of others and honestly they do not hold a CANDLE to the skewdriver.

My dad is a retired mechanic that now sells tools for a living, he gave me one of these for christmas a few years ago and I have never looked back!

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the main reason I went with the one I did was because it was just a screwdriver, fit into my small box that I keep in the car. There was one that was somewhat like that, not pistol grip mind you that Craftsman had, but I didn't want to get it because it took up too much space.

I'll keep this in mind for later, for a tool that stays around the house, where space isn't as much of a problem though. thank you

damn I just realized that is a troque screwdriver as well....damn that thing is uber nuts and a very good price on it as well.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
wes said:
I am sure that is a nic escrewdriver however if you are in the market for something that you will wonder how you lived without check this out...

http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/SPC-SPK4041.html

This is THE best screwdriver I have ever used, I have owned Craftsman, Snap-On, and a ton of others and honestly they do not hold a CANDLE to the skewdriver.

My dad is a retired mechanic that now sells tools for a living, he gave me one of these for christmas a few years ago and I have never looked back!
i too have the pistol grip (its a crafstman though) and i love it, but! for some reason they made it with storage in the handle and a "revolving door" to keep all of the bits and and when you are screwing something in that door with turn with your hand (ITS RIGHT WHERE YOU GRIP!!!!) so all the bits fall out :mad: the pistol grip gives great TQ......lousy design. ill be getting the one you suggested though in a little while.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1.6pete said:
i too have the pistol grip (its a crafstman though) and i love it, but! for some reason they made it with storage in the handle and a "revolving door" to keep all of the bits and and when you are screwing something in that door with turn with your hand (ITS RIGHT WHERE YOU GRIP!!!!) so all the bits fall out :mad: the pistol grip gives great TQ......lousy design. ill be getting the one you suggested though in a little while.
I'm afraid to tq mine too much, afraid the ratcheting mechenism will go out like ppl say they do on the ratcheting wrenches.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You guys should check out this little thing, its like a small ratchet that takes regular screw driver bits and it only costs like $7. Obviously the design allows you to get much more torque onto something than a regular screw driver, I love mine.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thos bits fit in a regular 1/4 inch ratchet don't they?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts