Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my car likes to unlock its self. Usually right after I close the door, I'll lock the car, get out close the door, and then it unlocks it's self as soon as the door closes. There is also a clicking sound that comes from under the driver side dash, that seems to happen around the same times as the doors unlocking. Last thing the is an on off switch under the drivers dash on the left side, does anyone know what it is? It seems like it should do something I just don't know what. Any suggestions?

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
do you have an aftermarket alarm system?
that clicking noise is the lock relay near the glove-box and that's normal. the abnormal part is the unlocking by itself. that switch on the lower part of your dash may be for that alarm.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the clicking noise is on the driver side. And I think it had an alarm then someone removed it, but left some of the components. When I bought it, it had a horn under the hood that wasn't hooked up so I removed it, and there seem to be a lot of loose wires that go no where? I really hate not knowing what's been done to it. The only good half assed job is one that I do :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts