Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased the Weapon-R Ram Air Stage 2 Kit. Where would be a safe place to install the scoop and still get maximum airflow. I had it running just below the stock bumper but it kept hitting the ground, especially on my driveway and on speed bumps.
Should I invest in a hood scoop, if so, should i have it installed on my stock hood or buy a custom hood with scoop to fit the kit? Someone please help me, I just want to burn some Hondas really soon!

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
humm place it in the bumper,
remember that hood scoop might force the water to get into your intake

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
The hood is a poor location for ram air. You want a location that has stagnant air, that is, a place with low air speed. Dead-center in the bumper would be ideal, with the slot below the bumper also acceptable since there's nothing really behind there.

I have no idea what the Weapon-R piece looks like, so you'll have to determine where it can fit.

Remember, low air speed equals high pressure and vice-versa. A ram air scoop wants high pressure air.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Not so. AEM offers a spring-loaded by-pass valve that fits between filter and the intake manifold that opens to the engine compartment. It is pulled open when engine vacuum goes high, like when the filter is submerged. Water can still enter your engine if you submerge the by-pass.

·
SLAVE TO THE GRIND
149 Posts
I have a zturbo hood scoop it has a raised section in front that helps stop the induction of water...it works and it sounds great
it was easy to mount and mold into the hood....you could even mount a prefilter in it if you wanted to even further protect the intake from any water or foriegn debris...I have yet to have any problems with water or anything else gettin in the scoop or affecting the filter....

do you have pics of your "ram air" set up? would like to see

·
Master of the 5th speed
147 Posts
Dont bother with a ram air intake, get a cai made by Place Racing, or Hotshot. I had a friend who tried to be original and made a ram air scoop at the bottom of his bumper, and a week later he went through a puddle, and his engine turned into a vacuum cleaner. Sucked up a whole bunch of water, and hydrolocked the engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts