Nissan Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I"m a little confused by your post - you want to raise the car up 2" and keep the wheel (and wheel bay?) looking the same way? How is this possible?

Maybe this will help: If a smooth ride is critical to you, the last thing you want to do is go and put coilovers on your car. Ya, you can keep the same ride heigth you have now, but you'll be running springs that are over twice as stiff as your current springs, and so you'll feel every bump. All I can think is that the next time you get tires, get very comfortable tires, in other words, tires with soft sidewalls so they absorb bumps more. Also, make sure your tires aren't overinflated. You might even run them a couple pounds lower than recommended, and on all 4 tires. As far as shocks/struts, you can't really change your stock shocks/struts to get a smoother ride. KYB GR-2s might feel slightly better, but you wouldn't want to bother unless your ride is getting bouncy, meaning your shocks are wearing out, and so GR-2s would make things more comfortable. I replaced mine at 100k and the difference wasn't even noticeable. My shocks had lasted fine for 100k miles, which is longer than usual, probably b/c of smooth roads and highway miles.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.