Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a B14 running 205/40/17 i live in louisiana so there are a lot of dipps forget it holes in the ground. Ive been wanting to raise up my car about 2" possibly but what are suggestions for a smoother ride but not lowering the car at all and keeping the 17s like how they look. and im not looking to race. :cheers:

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Well you can go with Tien Coil-Over Damper Kit.
Click here for info on damper kits.
That way you can either raise your car or lower it depending on what your in the mood for.
To get a smoother ride you will need to upgrade the struts, from my suggestion above or another company with high quality struts.
Another route you can take it air bagging your car. I know your thinking wtf is he talking about. Well have you ever ridden in a bagged car? The ride is extremly smooth.
Clcik here for info on airbag kits.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for the info someone else told me that some good struts were topeekos or something like that. And on the rear those are struts or shocks. dont laugh dont know much bout suspension just stereos. and isnt air bagging expensive as hell

·
Registered
84 Posts
I"m a little confused by your post - you want to raise the car up 2" and keep the wheel (and wheel bay?) looking the same way? How is this possible?

Maybe this will help: If a smooth ride is critical to you, the last thing you want to do is go and put coilovers on your car. Ya, you can keep the same ride heigth you have now, but you'll be running springs that are over twice as stiff as your current springs, and so you'll feel every bump. All I can think is that the next time you get tires, get very comfortable tires, in other words, tires with soft sidewalls so they absorb bumps more. Also, make sure your tires aren't overinflated. You might even run them a couple pounds lower than recommended, and on all 4 tires. As far as shocks/struts, you can't really change your stock shocks/struts to get a smoother ride. KYB GR-2s might feel slightly better, but you wouldn't want to bother unless your ride is getting bouncy, meaning your shocks are wearing out, and so GR-2s would make things more comfortable. I replaced mine at 100k and the difference wasn't even noticeable. My shocks had lasted fine for 100k miles, which is longer than usual, probably b/c of smooth roads and highway miles.

·