Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 200sx se.

I bought a wiring harness thing for a different radio, but the wires aren't the same. The connector plugs up but the speaker wires and power ... they just are in the right places. Any ideas? I know I got the correct one..

·
Registered
323 Posts
se7enty7 said:
I have a 98 200sx se.

I bought a wiring harness thing for a different radio, but the wires aren't the same. The connector plugs up but the speaker wires and power ... they just are in the right places. Any ideas? I know I got the correct one..
hey, you might know you might not, i work in the install bay at best buy, by "wiring harness thing" do you mean the wiring harness to interface your aftermarket headunit with your factory harness? and if they are in the right places then what's wrong unless you meant to say aren't, in which case, go to best buy, get the 95 and up nissan harness that cost like 16 bucks, all the wires are color coded the only ones you don't need to hookup are you blue and orange(power antenna and illumination) and you should be good, i'm not gonna lie though, i work at the number one bay in the company out of 500 or more stores, the rest of them are gonna be idiots, so if you want to wait a day i can get you the part number, sku number, and manufactorer down to a t so they don't screw it up. let me know

josh

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that exactly what I did. I have a friend that works at media play, and he gets a discount. We went to best buy and bought the thing. I found it myself, because the people that work there are freaking idiots. I soldered the wiring harness or adapted or whatever to my new stereoharness that plugs into my new cd player. However, when I go to plug it into my cars stereo plug the wires dont match up at all

·
Registered
323 Posts
do the wire colors not match or the wires themself, like the battery, switch, ground, speakers? the wire colors will not match up at all, that's to be expected

·
Registered
722 Posts
hold up how come their is a power antenna wire. i haven't seen not a one sentra with power antenna. speaking of power antenna i'm thinking about adding this to my sentra. shouldn't be to hard. shave off the old one cop a power antenna from crutchfield, drill a whle in the rear quarter, seal it and the whole in the fender up and paint.

·
Registered
323 Posts
because the harness for your sentra is also the harness for every other nissan car 95 and up, including all infinitis as well, one of them has to have power antenna

·
Registered
722 Posts
oh cool thats would make my power antenna swap that much easier

·
Registered
323 Posts
don't get your hopes up, since the sentra never had a power antenna there is no exsisting wiring, just a slot on the harness, you're better off to take the blue wire off the back of your aftermarket and run it seperate from the harness you buy for the rest of the car and run all new wiring to where you are sticking the antenna

1 - 8 of 8 Posts