Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have a Nissan xtrail 16 plate..today my radio screen went blank... Just showing nissan logo
I have no cameras no sat nav no bluetooth..
After about 4 minutes I get a message saying update failed.. System rebooting in 60 seconds.
Has anybody experienced this at all?

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,065 Posts
There should be a small hole somewhere on the front in which you can push a pin and reset the unit. I would try that before anything else. Basically your system is freezing on boot up. There is probably a setting for turning off update notifications.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,065 Posts
Maybe try this
• Press and hold down the audio system power button for about 10 seconds until the Nissan logo appears, signifying that the reboot is underway.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,065 Posts
Sorry no idea. I assume you have tried disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours, or pulling the fuse(s) for the headunit.
I am guessing that yours is no longer under warranty, and if you need to replace the unit it will cost a pretty penny. If it has given up the ghost you may want to consider getting something like this

www.seicane.com/10-1-inch-2014-nissan-qashqai-x-trail-radio-bluetooth-aftermarket-oem-gps-system-3g-wifi-tv-mirror-link-canbus-usb-sd-auto-a-v-backup-camera-ipod-iphone-s108206

or this

here is an install guide

There are other companies and options as well, but the above is the cheapest I know of and having installed a similar one in my Subaru by the same company I am impressed by the quality of the display, its speed and its functionality. Not sure how they do it for the price but its a good Android unit and you could easily customize its user interface to look like this one below, by installing the AMARA app (which is what this company obviously did-- cost 2.99 in the google play store)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK... So either of these units will fit straight into my car? Can I install it myself or does it need an expert?

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,065 Posts
Yup should be a direct fit. Best would be to contact the seller directly. The Seicane one I bought was off Aliexpress, and had a different user interface which I changed. I got the 9 inch screen but you can get a 10.1 inch screen, basically the same as this

Buying off aliexpress is even cheaper, more secure and comes with buyer protection. Only drag is the delivery took 3 weeks to Canada. Installing is easy as it comes with plug and play loom. The seller was pretty good at trying to answer questions.
the user interface I used was from AGAMA ( not AMARA as I wrote above. Super easy to install as an app from the google playstore to replace the one it comes with in the listing above
you can see it here, and hey hey they are even running it on a unit like I am suggesting here-- should give you a good idea why I think they are a heck of deal and a much cheaper option than getting a replacement from Nissan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK I'll take a look at this.. I have an engine management light and the reversing camera stuck on the screen now. Thanks very much for your help.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,065 Posts
Good luck. Just keep in mind that the aliexpress unit does not have a cd player and does not come with AM radio though you can install another radio app. The sound quality is surprising and is a definite step up from the Pioneer Avic system that was the $1800 tech package option that came with my Subaru originally. The screen resolution is light years better than what was available in 2011, and the big screen is really great for using the built-in Sat Nav or Google maps. I also cannot see why anyone would need to buy a unit with more RAM and memory because as is it's super quick.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi.. Just got back from nissan...had a diagnosis of a fault in my media unit... And they price of a new fitted unit is just under £4000... Absolute joke

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,065 Posts
For you, but for them think of the profit. 4,000 pounds = almost $6900 Cdn. At least you can replace it and in my opinion, upgrade it for relatively little money, and not much effort if you are a wee bit mechanical.
For fun what is the breakdown of that estimate? How much for the unit and how much for the install. Keep in mind for a straight replacement we are talking under 15 minutes' work. There are times when dealers can be described as crooks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes very true, I didn't ask to be honest about installation as I was so shocked. I'll go for that agama unit.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,065 Posts
Actually the unit is made by Seicane. The AGAMA launcher is an app you can buy and install through the google play store. Its a user interface that you can use to replace the built-in Seicane one. There are others as well. Same for the headunits. I just provided what I think and have found to be the best value available that will come with a replacement wiring loom for your model. However you could also buy replacement units costing $1000, and it would still be only 15% of what Nissan wants to charge you. But then again what they want to charge you for the replacement head unit is over 60% of the price of a new Nissan Micra.
If you have an Apple phone you many want to add the car play USB option to your order. Just ask the seller for a link.
Bonne Chance!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts