Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im sure there is already a post about this but my 95 nissan 200sx is leaking radiator fluid somewhere... i cant find out where though and it is pissing me off... i had a compression test done on it and it is NOT leaking from what i can tell by the compression test.... but i AM still losing fluid somehow someone please help

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Check the heater lines (passenger side firewall) or there are a ton of coolant lines that run under the intake manifold that suck to get to. Can you see it leaking after you get out? Is it a fast leak or just like a top-off-once-a-week leak?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Is it leaking from the radiator? If not, I'd check the water pump. There is a little hole on it that will allow it to drip when the bearings start to go bad.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,239 Posts
check the floor on the passenger side front footwell for coolant....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i know about the weeping hole or w.e. but idt that is it either ... and no its not a fast leak it is like i have to add coolant to it like every 2-3 weeks... nothing to serious except i know its escaping from somewhere...

·
Registered
29 Posts
yeah, if it's not leaking from the radiator hoses, then it's most likely from water pump. remove the splash shield from underneath the car, run the engine a bit, then see where the drip's coming from. I had a leaky water pump which slowly leaked antifreeze when engine's running. I had the water pump replaced and it solved the problem.

·
Registered
66 Posts
How do you know it's leaking? is there a puddle under the car when you park it? Or does the coolant just go low? Do you physically see leaked coolant somewhere?

It might not be leaking at all, but rather is getting burnt in the engine, which could be a much more serious problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts