Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Ractive still sell those carbon fiber shift boots? i can't find them anywhere. Also, what's my best choice for a short shifter? SMC Performance Products doesn't even exist anymore. So what do i use? B&M? Alot thanks to whoever can help.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Try e mailing them, or calling them. They still might stock it, but just dont have it on their site.
I would suggest B&M, very reputable company. Most of the cheaper short throws have problems with cracking and breaking. Use the search feature to see what other Nissan owners are using.

·
Banned
22 Posts
i would back nostrodamos on that one. b&m makes the best short shifter available for the b14,IMO. I have it installed on my sentra, and it works great. :thumbup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Terran200sx said:
Does Ractive still sell those carbon fiber shift boots? i can't find them anywhere. Also, what's my best choice for a short shifter? SMC Performance Products doesn't even exist anymore. So what do i use? B&M? Alot thanks to whoever can help.

I bought a pacesetter off of ebay for like $95.00. I've had it about two years now. The throw is adjustable. Not saying it is the best just another option. I have a leather momo shift boot, looks great. It is universal fit I think its for a VW actually. Just another option for you.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
bII said:
Short Shifter in stock here

Used to carry Ractive, kinda of cheap-o quality, lots of return issues.

EDIT:

There's a Pacesetter and a B&M, I have the pacesetter on the B12, no problemo so far, but yeah search around see what everyone's pleased with.
pretty sure he means the boot, not the actual shifter, not even sure Reactive makes them.. B&M is better quality than Pacesetter, but the pacesetter is a direct copy of the original SMC shifter... The shifter in P200SX is a SMC shifter...as stated...no longer available, except used.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
bII said:
Short Shifter in stock here

Used to carry Ractive, kinda of cheap-o quality, lots of return issues.

EDIT:

There's a Pacesetter and a B&M, I have the pacesetter on the B12, no problemo so far, but yeah search around see what everyone's pleased with.
That's a decent price for the Pacesetter... for that price you can't go wrong..if it's for street use.. if you plan on racing competitively then go with the B&M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts