Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
Joined
·
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked all around and can't seem to find a post about racing seats in B14's I've found a set of Tenzo's at a playa's price. But like all hook-up's they don't have any brackets. The dude sellin em said I can custom put (Jimmy Rig) the seats in. Has anyone done this?? Does anyone even have racing seats in their B14? Will I have to get the brackets or can I be Ghetto Fabulous??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Call Tenzo and see if you can buy the brackets
 

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
Joined
·
6,079 Posts
im really sure that Sparco racing seats come with all the necessary bracket and ish.. if you want one let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Racer X seats come with the brackets. You can get them both at A-1 performance in New Jersey. They do mail order. Both seats for 525 (something like that). 20 dollars for shipping. I'll see if I can find the number tonight.
 

·
ex-Super *********
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
Some day I plan on putting a Kirkey aluminum roadrace set in my B14. I also plan on making my own brakets. If time is taken and they are designed and built well, there would be no reason for them to turn out "Ghetto Fab"
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Dead cold positive

I got the Corbeau CR-1 for my b-14 and the price wasn't bad at all

Seat:349
Bracket:70
Shipping:60
3 Point Harness:75

They are by far the most comfortable seat I have sat in. I sat in the Sparco Torino, and Speed at HIN. They also had the Targa RS and it was similar to the Torino, but the CR-1 is by far the best. You can't beat the price either for an adjustable seat. Hope that helps a little.

I have the number if you would like
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
I have Corbeau's and they are great as long as your waist doesn't exceed 38". The mounting brackets were seperate for about $75 ea. These were sliding brackets. If you want the Tenzo seats check out Mantay Ray Motorsports. I have yet to see anyone beat their price but they do hit you for the brackets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Re: Dead cold positive

ShortyRock said:
I got the Corbeau CR-1 for my b-14 and the price wasn't bad at all

Seat:349
Bracket:70
Shipping:60
3 Point Harness:75

They are by far the most comfortable seat I have sat in. I sat in the Sparco Torino, and Speed at HIN. They also had the Targa RS and it was similar to the Torino, but the CR-1 is by far the best. You can't beat the price either for an adjustable seat. Hope that helps a little.

I have the number if you would like
Which harness did you get? The one piece or the detachable?
 

·
ex-Super *********
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
Couple of points for you guys to consider:
1. Adjustible seats are NOT racing seats, they are sport seats
2. I hope all of you guys with harnesses are running some sort of roll-over protection(cage, bar), If not..when you roll your car over, the next time you post on this board you will be a lot shorter or you wont be able to post because your spine got pushed through your butt...Not good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
1. I agree these are not racing seats. If I had built a race car it wouldn't have adjustable seats in it. Because I have a daughter I must have access to the rear for her car seat. (Ofcourse matching black & blue). This leads me to question 2. My senario will not allow the use of a rollcage and I currently don't have a harness. I was just inquiring about "Shorty Rock's". The reason I replaced my seats were because my old ones were worn out after 147,000 miles. Now please take what I've said into consideration.
 

·
ex-Super *********
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
vrux,
I hear ya noise, I got 2 lil ones myself. Like I said earlier I plan on a Kirkey aluminum roadrace seat(non-adj), harness and a cage. LOL a people wonder why I like 4 door cars..I can have cage and carry the lil ones around. You 2 door guys think you are the shit..ha beat that. LOL
When I made the comment about having a harness and no cage I was not at all talking to anyone in particular. I was just stating that for our members saftey.

Just because of this thread I am changing my sig..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
Noting the sig, I always thought the dumbest thing Nissan ever did was stick that 4-Door Sports Car sticker on the first-gen Maximas. It's a luxury sedan, not a sports car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Main Entry: sports car
Function: noun
Date: 1928
: a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving

That being said, I don't believe a 98xe fits any of this description. I wouldn't refer to my 2 door as a sports car why would you.
Just having fun.
 

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
Joined
·
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lowridin23 said:
Racer X seats come with the brackets. You can get them both at A-1 performance in New Jersey. They do mail order. Both seats for 525 (something like that). 20 dollars for shipping. I'll see if I can find the number tonight.
I would like that number dogg! You got any pics of those seats?
And thanks for all the input fellas, I don't think I'm gonna Jimmy-rig it!! I'll just pay for the brackets!
 

·
ex-Super *********
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
vrux said:
Main Entry: sports car
Function: noun
Date: 1928
: a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving

That being said, I don't believe a 98xe fits any of this description. I wouldn't refer to my 2 door as a sports car why would you.
Just having fun.
Ok, just for fun:
"A low small" - My car is lowered, and is fits into the Sub-compact range
"usually" - Not always
"designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving" - Ok maybe not designed, but deffinetly being modified to fit those "requirements"
So what we have here(my car/your car), is a car that is not a sports car from the factory, but is on its way to fitting that "deffinition". Again I say, Ha! If we want to debate this any further lets move to the off-topic, this really isnt about racing seats anymore. LOL
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top