Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys, tonite after i got off of work i was passing by a local gas station where i see my friend in his automatic 97 sentra gxe, so i slow down to let traffic by so he can catch up 2 me, after a while he gets right on my tail and starts tailgating me.........so we both make a turn on a side road(the road was completely empy 2 lanes) so we line the cars up at the stop and we count to three and go, his car is an automatic but he was manually shifting his car, I drive a 96 sentra gxe(auto) but i left it in 'D' so he burns his tires and gets the take off and at this point he's about half a cars length ahead of me.....but when we hit third gear, it was over, i caught up 2 him and passed him up by a car length....his car is stock(except for gti-r badge lol) and my car has 17", CAI, and timing, so i think his car performed pretty good, not to mention i have bad axles, bad fuel pump, and bad belts.....it was cool tho

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
having an automatic transmission is like being the smelly kid in class. No one wants to be the smelly kid in class.

·
Banned
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
no reason at all

there is no reason i chose the name sr20 805, i'm just a fan of the se-r............for example some people like skylines and they name their screen names after that, no reason really. I am also very proud of my ga16de as it is right now too :D Hell, i'm proud of nissan

·
Registered
702 Posts
theres only one advantage to having an auto in a sports car type car like nissans etc. and that is traffic.....drives me nuts driving a manual in traffic....and god help you when you have a heavy clutch....other than that i would never buy an automatic in my life unless its an suv...i think i can deal with traffic unfortunatly. :D

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
SentraDragon said:
Im sure those 17's didn't help you much. Thats a funny one OPIUM.
Actually it doesn't hurt as much as people think... A long time ago (May 2001) we tested 15" Volk TE37's against some Enkei 18" wheels ...so not only size but weight as well.... 9lbs vs 18lbs...

The results were pretty interesting...

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/may01/dyno.shtml

"
we anticipated a much larger variance with the wheel sizes at peak. However, the differences are still very noticeable, especially on the low end. This is due to it taking more power and time to get the large heavy wheels moving. It appears that once they start turning, the inertia makes up for the size in the top of the midrange area and actually moves ahead of the smaller wheels on the power curve, only to be retaken at the end of the curve in the peak area.
You'd be amazed at what you can find in the back issues...:eek:

·
Registered
80 Posts
try being stuck in traffic in a 72 chevy truck without a hydraulic clutch that sux but it is fun with an open road

1 - 13 of 13 Posts