Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have racing harnesses, i heard that the can do more harm than good if you don't have a roll cage. Wouldn't a harness bar do just as well, as far as making the belts pull you back instead of down? Also has anyone fabricated their own harness bar or roll cage?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
also since they hold you directly in place, if you roll without a cage you could get crushed instead of simply moving around.
i belive "1CLNB14" has a custom harness bar. pm him

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a harness bar. This is an old pic

I really don't use the harnesses very often as they are more of a PITA then anything to get on and off everytime you get in and out of the vehicle. They definitely keep you planted as its hard to move around much.

For daily driving it's one thing, for racing it's another. Just remember, although your kept firmly in place, if you don't have full cage while doing a lapping event then you screwed if you roll over and your roof colapses.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
ScorchN200SX said:
last time I checked sean didnt have the harness bar. But squeezense had a custom one made up by speedware.
oh oh oh! its his car, i knew it was one of the white cars and figured his was the show car sooo lol. any who thanks :cheers: not to change the subject (it is about seat retraints) has anyone ever heard of the CG-lock? it hooks onto the end of your seat belt and is suppost to work "like" a harness and keep you in place unlike a regular belt, this may be a better way to go for simple auto-xing and what not. i have seen it in mags and on the scca site, ill try to find a link.

ok here it is. http://www.cg-lock.com/ all it does is make your lap belt stay tight and your sholder belt stays controlled by the spring. i would think (unless you hardcore road race) this would be more than enough, and if you have racing seats even better! and it costs something like $30. just thought this might help, instead of having a one off harness bar made.
In fact, once I got the CG Lock cinched down and was on track, I found that I didn't really need to use the harnesses! I ended up using the CG Lock all weekend. Great product!
^idk if its true...but sounds pretty neat. if i raced i would test one out, but sadly i dont.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts