Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, well I've recently decided I'm going to turn my car into a full-blown(no, I didn't mean supercharged:)) race car and I started with little things like weight issues, like for example I took out the passenger seat and backseats and the shiftboot and carpet, and I'm wondering if there are any other things I can do to it within weight reduction issues. Is there anything else I can take out with simple tools? i.e. : wrenches, screwdrivers, you know, simple shit. Thanks

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
pull the dash the carpets. I would jumk the fuel tank and spare tire. Use a fuel cell in the trunk. Go with Magnesium wheels and lightweight alluminum calipers. use alluminum tie bars and such, not heavy metal. Use the carbpn fiber hood and pull the door panels and anything extra, ceiling stuff and all plastic. When you get a cage, the thing will weigh alot if you don't get an alluminum unit. I have 16 gauge steel for mine and its heavy. Are you drag racing? Try fiber glass fenders and doors and pull the tail lights and head lights out and stuff. Pull the front clip off. thing to save weight.
Chris 92 classic

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, I'm not drag racing, I was thinking about maybe just bringing it up to a track every now and then or going in Autocross but I need to do something that will be really cheap, actually costless, and something to do with simple tools but thanks very much for the help, I appreciate it.;-)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, since I have the 1.6L would it be possible to put a sr20de throttle body on it? Or any parts from a sr20 that will imporve it?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Take out your A/C, power steering, radio and speakers, you can take off your trunk lid, your hood I'm not sure about what else though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually my car doesn't have a/c or power steering and I already have the radio out, lol, but thanks:)

·
Banned
28 Posts
A while back, I was readin an issue of sport compact car, and read a feature they had about something exactly like this. They took a car, and gave it tons of power with absolutely no money. You could do just like they did, take out the passenger/back seats, radio,power steering, speakers, hood, trunk, dash, head/tail/parking lights, carpet, and head liner. Aw hell, why stop there, do exactly like they did. Chop it all up. They cut off the back end, the fenders, windshield, back windshield, doors, roof, front bumper, windshield washer pump (((((didn't need it with no windshield)))) they even relocated the air filter, THEY DUCT TAPED IT TO THE TOP OF THE ENGINE....talk about cold air intake. heres a pic
and heres the link to an enlarged version of that pic. http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/freestuff/wallpaper/0207scc_wallpaper01_800x600.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts