Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, so i have a 2002 pathfinder 3.5 and when the car warms up and i hold my foot on the throttle slightly and maintain RPMS between 1700-2000 , the revs jump and it also does itt when im in first gear. its like a fuel cut off.

if i put heavy load on the gas pedal it drives normally but if i do it real soft and lightly it jerks

ive chaged tps sensor, coils, spark plugs, crank sensors etc. no codes

im thinking it may be the IAT (which from what ive read, its incorporated on the MAF)..

Id really appreciate your thoughts on this, thanks!

ps; ive also cleaned the MAF

· Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
8,651 Posts
The IAT on your year/model is located on the plenum piping leading up to the MAF. One of the first things you want to do is perform an ECU code readout using a DTC scanner tool to see if any fault codes are set. The tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores or online at Amazon.com. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction.
You might also consider performing an “Idle Air Volume Learning” procedure so that the ECU syncs up with the MAF.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The IAT on your year/model is located on the plenum piping leading up to the MAF. One of the first things you want to do is perform an ECU code readout using a DTC scanner tool to see if any fault codes are set. The tool can be purchased at most auto parts stores or online at Amazon.com. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction.
You might also consider performing an “Idle Air Volume Learning” procedure so that the ECU syncs up with the MAF.

i cant seem to find the IAT, and theres no code for it, theres a rear CKP code (analog- flywheel) but other than that, nothing. plus, ive switched it for a new one and it still throws the ckp code, theres gotta be a wire problem or something.

could that be the problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.