Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a pair of 2 kenwood 10"
subs in a wooden carpeted box and i was wondering if they would sound better if i made like 1 or 2, 1.5" holes in the box. my friends box had a few holes in it (bought it from store like that) and i was wondering if they actually did anything?

^those are the subs i've got

·
USACI here I come
440 Posts
Tell your friend to seal them up. If they are just on the back or side they were probably to be used to install terminals to hook the wires up.

Please read this link: http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/magic/index.html It explains diffrent boxes and may answer your questions.

I used to sell the older version of those subs and they sound good in a small to medium sealed enclosure or a medium ported enclosure.

you shouldn't just have holes if its a port or a vent theres more to it than just a hole that takes some knowledge to pull off correctly.

Feel free to ask if your still unclear after reading that link.

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i understood some of that stuff but idk the subs i have now were installed on a 95 integra and they dont hit as hard in the 200 as they did in the teg but im guessing it has something to do w/ the volume of air in the trunk and the teg was a hatch so it freely flowed through out the car idk im just a noob...
BTW i measured my box keep in mind this is the outside of the box + the carpet so these arnt exactly accurate. The length is 31.5" height is 12.25" width is 12.25" how does that on a scale of small medium large?

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
those holes are ports, not just holes in the box. If you just cut holes in the side of your box it would sound like a monkey's ass with diarrhea

·
USACI here I come
440 Posts
hatch backs are almost always louder..but it also depends on how many watts they had to.

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
same amp and subs for both cars the amp/subs came as a package when he bought it the amp is
800W max 2 channel. i plan on buying a new wireing kit soon, mabye that will help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts