Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is gonna b dumb but hey ... y not ask lol
is there a warning light for low gas on a 97 Sentra GXE? I have NEVER seen one come on in my car and I have REALLY pushed it down there ... it'd b nice to know if I had one ... get a bit more out of my tanks :p
thanks guys
-Pete-

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
pete2.0 said:
is there a warning light for low gas on a 97 Sentra GXE? I have NEVER seen one come on in my car and I have REALLY pushed it down there ... it'd b nice to know if I had one ... get a bit more out of my tanks :p
thanks guys
-Pete-
pull out the cluster and check for a light bulb you have never seen come on.. i have had my 200sx for about a year and just saw the gas light for the first time a couple of days ago. i guess ive never gotten that low on gas before.

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
pete2.0 said:
thanks guys
-Pete-
It's odd. Some B14s do, others don't. My 200sx base model does not have a bulb there, which I confirmed after I accidentally ran my gas tank completely dry.

·
Registered
208 Posts
pete2.0 said:
thanks guys
-Pete-
I can actually see the bulb belowe the fuel gauge even when it's not lit up. Look to see if you have some type of bulb directly under the gauge. If you do, and you've run it pretty low, then maybe the bulbs burnt out....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx guys , much appreciated! I'll check it out prolly this weekend since I am going out of country tomorrow afternoon <WOO CANADA!>
thanks a bunch
-Pete-

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
the sending unit may also be busted. this is a time consuming fix that is usually not worth it.

there is a computer controlled sending unit that controls the guage and light. it it breaks there is a failsafe mode that still displays aproximate gas level, but its very inaccurate.

(ie you'll see rapid drops from 1/2 to 1/4, and then it'll stay at 1/4 for a long while. then it'll display "empty" and you'll still have 3 gallons left. )

both of our cars, a 92 sentra se-r and a 98 sentra GXE have shot sending units.

·
Da Dirty South
115 Posts
ReVerm said:
It's odd. Some B14s do, others don't. My 200sx base model does not have a bulb there, which I confirmed after I accidentally ran my gas tank completely dry.
Talk about odd!! My 96 200 DOES have a low fuel light.. Why put it in some models and not others? Whats the deal???

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
just like the manual says low fuel light "IF SO EQUIPIED" which means for some reason ...its like a special option or whatever lol. I put a bulb in the new cluster that i got ..but it still doesn't work (my original one didn't have it either). Im guessing i dont have the sending unit or whatever :(

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol , a simple question and I am still stunned about it ... lol, this is gonna take some guage pulling to check ... well i cant check it till the weekend cause I am in Canada checking out colleges , fun stuff but I have only seen 1 B14 ... kinda dissapointing ... thanks for all the responces guys!

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
you should be able to see the light under the 'E' on the gauge, even tho its unlit, as a small black 'bubble'

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
Radioaktiv said:
you should be able to see the light under the 'E' on the gauge, even tho its unlit, as a small black 'bubble'
on my cluster (the one without the tach) the light is on the left hand side (or right lol) right where the other Idiot lights are located.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts