Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering on the differences between the JDM and USDM VG30DETT engines.

1. Will the USDM tranny bolt to the JDM engine?
2. Do you have to use the JDM ecu when swapping?
3. What hacking, if any needs to be done to the engine Wiring harness?
4. are the engine mounts the same I.E. position? (i assume they are, better to be safe than sorry)

Thanks in advance.

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
Same engine everything will bolt right up.

The JDM VG30DETT is rated it 280bhp (same as 96 USDM VG30DETT) whereas the USDM VG30DETT was rated at 300bhp.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Streettech300 said:
ok thanks, maybe ill try and find a used usdm VG vs a jdm one. Any idead as to the reason in the 20hp loss?
Japan gentleman's aggrement not to make a stock car over 300BHP

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
Also emmissions and variable valve timing. They supossedly do make the same amount of bhp just the JDM engine is underrated to meet the agreement.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
I'm sure with proper tuning you could easily get more HP out of it with no mods.

·
Registered
85 Posts
bridrive55 said:
Variable valve timing? I think you're thinking 350Z.
The Z32 does have variable valve timing. Not sure if it is called that but it does have valve timing control solenoid valves on the back of the intake cams.

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
mpw991 said:
The Z32 does have variable valve timing. Not sure if it is called that but it does have valve timing control solenoid valves on the back of the intake cams.
It is called variable valve timing. And no I am talking about the Z32 minus the 96 year run.

·
Registered
85 Posts
JAMESZ said:
It is called variable valve timing. And no I am talking about the Z32 minus the 96 year run.
My 95 has variable valve timing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts