Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry for such a noobish question (i'm new to nissans), but could I put a 93-97 altima 2.4 into a 93 240sx? Would it just bolt in with the altima mounts? Also, could I use the altima wiring harness and ecu? Or would there have to be some kind of special adaptor harness? Thanks in advance!

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
no, no, and no. the altima engine will not work in a 240.
just by a motor that was meant to be in a 240.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was actually kind of wondering what the major differences were, like what would have to to be switched, like is the head design different or just peripherals, like mounts, EFI, and exhaust or what. Because its hard as hell to find a good KA for a 240, especially a single cam. I mean would there be bolt holes for the RWD engine mounts or anything?

·
Registered
15 Posts
with the altima being fwd and the 240 being rwd it would probably be cheaper to just pick up a ka24 from another 240 and fix it up or get an sr20, however if money's not an issue, you can make the altima engine work but I don't have any idea what you would need

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh yes. I didn't think about that. The 240 IS rwd. I'm prteety sure then that it wouldn't work. The motor would be in there sideways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts