Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Adam said:
I don't need to get an SE-R ECU of the exact same year as my car do I? i.e. I have a 94 and I can get a 93 ECU for $50.
Yes that will work.

Mike

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
so basically 91-94 ecu are interchangeable?
www.car-parts.com they have plenty adam

S

·
0 Posts
XtremE said:
so basically 91-94 ecu are interchangeable?

For SE-R Classics...

Yes and no. The 94 SE-R did not have the AIV tube (air induction valve) If your car had it 91-93 and you get the 94 ecu your emissions will be higher and you will run a little rich. Because you wont have that program to operate your AIV. Also be sure if you don't live in California DO NOT to get an ecu from a California car. I guess they have extra emmision code crap. I just spoke to Ben today at JWT, he told me all of this.

Happy moding,

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
SERMitchell said:

For SE-R Classics...

Yes and no. The 94 SE-R did not have the AIV tube (air induction valve) If your car had it 91-93 and you get the 94 ecu your emissions will be higher and you will run a little rich. Because you wont have that program to operate your AIV. Also be sure if you don't live in California DO NOT to get an ecu from a California car. I guess they have extra emmision code crap. I just spoke to Ben today at JWT, he told me all of this.

Happy moding,
JWT can add the correct base idle program for any year car into any year ECU in that model so it does not matter what you start with.

Mike

S

·
0 Posts
Yes, that is correct, JWT can always solve the problem I mentioned for any of the 91-94 ecu's.

What I was reffering to was...if someone were to buy a used already reprogramed JWT unit for their car and had no intention of having JWT work on it.

E

·
0 Posts
Mike,
Clark swapped me a 91-92 SE-R ecu for my 94 SE-R ecu because of something with that year was different. I really can't remember what it was but none the less they did. Ben told me that a 94 SE-R ecu would work when I first called but that was incorrect. I believe this only applied to my car since it is an a/t. Any ideas?

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Eric said:
Mike,
Clark swapped me a 91-92 SE-R ecu for my 94 SE-R ecu because of something with that year was different. I really can't remember what it was but none the less they did. Ben told me that a 94 SE-R ecu would work when I first called but that was incorrect. I believe this only applied to my car since it is an a/t. Any ideas?
The only thing I can think off is the baase idle mixture control. They can fix that in any year ecu though.

Mike

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
well sicne the tranny is adaptive is there an ecu for the tranny?
if i remember correctly JWT made a custom ecus for the maxima trannys, amybe they can do it for sentra?(ofcourse if there is an ecu, i have a 5 speed, so i dont know)

E

·
0 Posts
Mike,
What about JWT not overwriting the knock sensor program in the SE-R ecu? Since B13 GA's don't have knock sensors. I always get that error code when I run a check. I just kinda have always wondered that (in other words, Ben never gave me a call back about that)? Also IIRC the reason was due the the VTC and the fact that I had a higher stall converter. I was told that the tranny program in the 91-92 would be better suited for my use.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Is there a 97 ECU yet? The site says 95-97, but I've heard people say they only have up to 96....who's right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts