Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can advance my timing to 10 degrees without having to use 92 octance right?..because i think 92 octance is for 10 and higher like 15 and such...thanks in advance for the responses.....pz

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
regular 90 on 10 runs fine... 10 is the best timing (valve safe). The engine runs sharp on premium 93 at 10 tho. It's your choice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so 10 is good timing, and can still run regular...okay..thanks...btw how much should it cost me to do it....i went to this nissan mechanic shop and they were like 15 dollars not too bad right????

·
Registered
466 Posts
10 degrees is factory timing, and is not advanced at all, so you can run 87 octane gas w/ 10 degrees. You only need 92 octane gas if you advance to 15 degrees.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
/\ absolutly correct

i believe its actually 10* +/- 2, so (i think) you can go up to 12* on 87 octane.

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
You could fill it up with the 87 gas if it's a rental but I wouldn't buy the lowest gas for my car. And prolly you'd expect performance too.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
whats wrong with 87 octane? thats whole new can of worms lol.

but basically, unless your advancing the timing beyond stock or run high compression/turbo you wont benefit from higher octane fuel. i actually see poorer fuel mileage with 93 octane as opposed to 87 octane...so my choice is clear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well...i really wanted to jus check my timing and if it is 10 then jus up it to 12...i heard that some sentras come with their timing a lil low..so i jus wanted to make sure i had the best, safest timing... might not be a big diff but should help a lil when i get my iridium sparks...later on i will advance it to 15 and run 93 octane...thanks for evryones input...pz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts