Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a friend with an 04 sentra (1.8.....which ever the base model is se?) and she wants to put a different headunit in it.....just wanted to know if any one made the pig tails to wire the headunit harness into so it can plug into the stock harness on the car...any input would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
quick1 said:
hey i got a friend with an 04 sentra (1.8.....which ever the base model is se?) and she wants to put a different headunit in it.....just wanted to know if any one made the pig tails to wire the headunit harness into so it can plug into the stock harness on the car...any input would be appreciated thanks

I think i know what you mean... K you have 2 options:
1) spend around 10-30 bucks on a factory harness adapter for your sentra, then do all your soldering on a bench...
OR...
2) Spend about 50-90 bucks (probably) to buy a full new wiring harness adapter that is specially made not only to plug into your factory harness, but also made to fit your deck too. This means no cutting, no splicing, soldering, etc. Mess free, but more expensive...

It's your choice, but either of these is better than just "cutting and pasting". But, sometimes, like me, if somebody already did yours because you bought your vehicle used.... you have no choice. Hope this helps dude good luck!

BTW what are you planning to put in?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i have no problem sodering the harness from the headunit into the other one i just need to find and actual company or some where to find then factory plug with the open wires at the other end....she said she couldnt find one anywhere

1 - 3 of 3 Posts