Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching around and to no avail have found anything. Hopefully there is something but here it goes.
1) I'm wondering if my intake (which may be replaced soon) will fit on the 98 engine head... (i know it's the same engine but the head may be different.)

2) Will i need to do a lot of electrical work? (which won't bother me cuz that's easy) I know i may need the ECU out of the 98 but that's not a problem...

3) I think i'm sure about tranny, but will the transmission fit? (i think the tranny is the same for both engines since both are manual 5spd)

4) I'm only replacing the engine becuz i just blew my engine that i replaced a summer and a half ago! Sucks, because my indicators never detected that the radiator feed hose busted and the engine wasn't being cooled properly. That resulted in antifreeze and engine oil EVERYWHERE! Sucks, but easily my friend just had his car considered "totalled" although in fine condition and is GIVING me his engine. Awesome.
Anyways any other comments or suggestions for mods to my car while i'm at it? I've got a decent budget but dont have tons to spend. I'm down to add swaybars and headers and carbon fiber hood and short throw shifter... give suggestions although Sentra.net is helping influence me on those.
Thanks for the speedy replies....

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
thafriendlypimp said:
I've been searching around and to no avail have found anything. Hopefully there is something but here it goes.
1) I'm wondering if my intake (which may be replaced soon) will fit on the 98 engine head... (i know it's the same engine but the head may be different.)

2) Will i need to do a lot of electrical work? (which won't bother me cuz that's easy) I know i may need the ECU out of the 98 but that's not a problem...

3) I think i'm sure about tranny, but will the transmission fit? (i think the tranny is the same for both engines since both are manual 5spd)

4) I'm only replacing the engine becuz i just blew my engine that i replaced a summer and a half ago! Sucks, because my indicators never detected that the radiator feed hose busted and the engine wasn't being cooled properly. That resulted in antifreeze and engine oil EVERYWHERE! Sucks, but easily my friend just had his car considered "totalled" although in fine condition and is GIVING me his engine. Awesome.
Anyways any other comments or suggestions for mods to my car while i'm at it? I've got a decent budget but dont have tons to spend. I'm down to add swaybars and headers and carbon fiber hood and short throw shifter... give suggestions although Sentra.net is helping influence me on those.
Thanks for the speedy replies....

What do you mean by intake, the manifold correct? The manifold willnot fit on the 1998 head, you will have to use the 1998 IM if you absolutely have to use that head which will require re-wiring and using a new ECU. My suggestion is to find a used B13 motor as it will bemuch easier and cheaper to work with!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's exactly what's happening my friend (who lives next door) is going to give me his engine with Head (not the whole long block). But thanks for the comment... cuz i did not think it would fit my intake setup...and as far as the ECU, i'ma get his and have it programmed so it's all good. THANKS!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts