Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right I've been keeping up on the progress of the 1.8 project and am looking at doing a few of the same mods but find things incredibly difficult to find like the CAI to fit and hold the O2 sensor as well as an exhaust manifold. Anyone know where I can find these things? (Yes I DO plan on going the turbo route and I AM making this a show car)

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
if you're going to go turbo, don't waste your money on a CAI or header. uhm, no CAI touches the O2 sensor. the O2 sensors are in the exhaust. Oh, and if you ARE going to go turbo, don't waste the money on a cat-back, either, as it will need to be replaced when you go turbo.

if you're talking about the MAF...okay. as for parts....check the tuning guide at the top of this forum.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chimmike said:
if you're going to go turbo, don't waste your money on a CAI or header. uhm, no CAI touches the O2 sensor. the O2 sensors are in the exhaust. Oh, and if you ARE going to go turbo, don't waste the money on a cat-back, either, as it will need to be replaced when you go turbo.

if you're talking about the MAF...okay. as for parts....check the tuning guide at the top of this forum.
Yeah I was refering to the MAF my brain's been fried lately got my sensors mixed LOL. So you're saying I should keep the stock intake not bother touching it? I kinda thought it would restrict flow a bit I dunno that's why I'm asking.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read the tuner thread and understand all that but as I said I'm looking into the turbo and you mentioned something about not worrying about the catback exhaust. Now I'm looking to do everything fairly close together so I need to try to figure out what kind of exhaust I need to look at before I bother getting any parts whatsoever. I also have no idea where I can find an exhaust manifold that'll mount up to the QG18 block. Any suggestions anyone?

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
ur car already has an exhaust manifold...either ur looking for a turbo manifold(protech) or a header(hotshot)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the turbo manifold replaced the exhaust manifold... Told ya I don't know much about anything outside the engine just the internals LOL butt I'm willing to learn

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
If you go turbo, getting a CAI and header is a waste as you are going to have to dump them for the turbo setup.

As far as an exhaust, you are probably going to be best off with a custom turboback exhaust. If you are turbocharging, this will be in larger piping than if you were doing an NA bolting. I would imagine for your car it would be between 2.25 and 2.5 inches but searching on the proper exhaust piping size for the QG is a must as I do not know the exact specs. VRS will do custom mandrel bent exhausts as well as numerous other companies.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my current plan (Before I started considering the turbo) was to go with 2.75 from the cat to a single input dual out mufler the dual outs would be at 1.75 vice the 2.75 piping. Would that have been too much? I believe that 1.75 is stock size anyways

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Sanguinius said:
Well my current plan (Before I started considering the turbo) was to go with 2.75 from the cat to a single input dual out mufler the dual outs would be at 1.75 vice the 2.75 piping. Would that have been too much? I believe that 1.75 is stock size anyways
yes, too much... 2 3/4 inch exhaust is way too big for a naturally aspirated (non-turbo) QG18

You simply need to do as much research as you can, that's the only way you can make an educated choice and get the best bang for the buck when it comes to aftermarket parts for your car...being here is a great first step though :thumbup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
myoung said:
yes, too much... 2 3/4 inch exhaust is way too big for a naturally aspirated (non-turbo) QG18

You simply need to do as much research as you can, that's the only way you can make an educated choice and get the best bang for the buck when it comes to aftermarket parts for your car...being here is a great first step though :thumbup:
Exactly why I am here asking the questions. I got questions (hopefully) you got answers LOL (Sorry BAD commercial refference I won't do it again).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts