Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I got a 1998 sentra 1.6l which i know is a hard car to speed up.
But i am gunna get the full cold air intake and i heard that hot shot is good same with the headers. i also eventually will get the whole exaust system other then my just muffler shite.sounds good though. and im looking at the Timing Advance thing does that help? and what els is small and isnt to pricy right now.

·
Registered
553 Posts
These aren't exactly cheap, but in terms of value these rock. Get the JWT cams and ECU. Those to me are some of the most worth while mods. Also, get you some lightweight rims. The more weight you lose there, the better. Then there is also Unorthodox Racing pullies. After headers, intake, exhaust, and timing, there pretty much aren't any real cheap mods.

A few good sites to read up on mods for our car are:

www.sentra.net
www.nissanperformancemag.com

Don't forget about the almighty search button. Between those sites, you should have plenty of information to keep you busy.

·
Driver
736 Posts
Light rims and the ECU are good starting mods. Once you get the pulley and the cams, the hotshot turbo is the best bolt-on you can do.

·
Registered
138 Posts
what a hotshot turbo for the ga16de? how much would that cost and what are the specs on it also how hard is it to install??

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
I believe it is around $3400 or so. Plus you are going to need send your ECU to JWT for reprogramming. You should buy one from a junk yard of the same year and send it to them. That way you can drive your car while you wait for the ECU to come back.
Check out Nissan Performance Mag. The link is at the top of the page. IT has dyno results and other useful information.

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
You should buy one from a junk yard of the same year and send it to them. That way you can drive your car while you wait for the ECU to come back.
Actully you can just pay a deposit, I think it's $700, to JWT when you order the ECU, then send your old one to them when you get the new one. Then they refund the deposit.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FORCED INDUCTION (turbo) is your best bet for raw power, but it may be a little more than what you want to spend. I want it, but Cali hates stuff like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts