Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered this Hotshot header for the SR20DE in my '98 200SX. Should I have ordered their other SR20DE header instead? I'm all stock except a CAI and pullies.

Are there any known issues with installing this thing in my car? Do I need to order any other parts while I'm waiting for Hotshot to ship it (some say 10 weeks!)

Searching around, I've read stories of some needing to extend the O2 sensor, the A/C lines interfere, additional gaskets needed, etc. Hotshot calls it a Race Header which makes me worry about some emissions thing not hooking up right. What's the deal? Is it bolt in or what?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
tony200 said:
is it a 4 to 1 header? if it is, watch out for your valves.
I'm kinda clueless here. What effect does a header have on the valves? What difference on the valves is there if you get a 4-2-1 instead of a 4-1? Is it better? Since HotShot is reputedly the best header, does this mean that all headers are a potential problem?

Lew

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
You're getting what is known as the Gen V Hotshot since that is the fifth iteration. I suspect by "the other" header you mean the Gen VI. That is most definitely a race header. Current wisdom say that header works best with cams that have overlap. I'm going to dyno my Gen III and the Gen VI on stock '94 cams to see if that wisdom is worth remembering. You did fine with what you bought.

As for the 4-1 header and valves, sounds like some good-ol'-boy urban myth propagation to me.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
bahearn said:
As for the 4-1 header and valves, sounds like some good-ol'-boy urban myth propagation to me.

sounds like thats the case

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bahearn said:
You're getting what is known as the Gen V Hotshot since that is the fifth iteration. I suspect by "the other" header you mean the Gen VI. That is most definitely a race header. Current wisdom say that header works best with cams that have overlap. I'm going to dyno my Gen III and the Gen VI on stock '94 cams to see if that wisdom is worth remembering. You did fine with what you bought.
Thanks bahearn. I've been searching around and I thought that might be the Gen 5, but wasn't sure. I feel a lot better about my choice now.

·
Registered
574 Posts
davekoch said:
I just ordered this Hotshot header for the SR20DE in my '98 200SX. Should I have ordered their other SR20DE header instead? I'm all stock except a CAI and pullies.

Are there any known issues with installing this thing in my car? Do I need to order any other parts while I'm waiting for Hotshot to ship it (some say 10 weeks!)

Searching around, I've read stories of some needing to extend the O2 sensor, the A/C lines interfere, additional gaskets needed, etc. Hotshot calls it a Race Header which makes me worry about some emissions thing not hooking up right. What's the deal? Is it bolt in or what?
You made a good choice with the Gen5 for the mods you have. The gen 6 is for motors with big cams. I dont think you have the extend the 02 sensor wires. Ac wont be a problem. It comes with gaskets. You last paragraph seem s like its talking about the gen6. Hotshot may take awhile, cause their facility has been considerably downsized from my latest knowledge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts